2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

Steroids or not, he should be in. Jon Kirk said it best many years ago: steroids don’t improve your game, they keep you healthy.

If you didn’t have good hand-eye coordination before steroids, they weren’t going to magically make you a hall of fame caliber player.
What is your definition of improvement?

When cats were previously playin all 162 games and dropping 25 HRs and THEN playing another 162 but dropping 55+ I would say that kinda improves your 'game'

Nontheless this is an old argument, MLB players have talent. And I think Sheff should be in too.

Steroids or not, he should be in. Jon Kirk said it best many years ago: steroids don’t improve your game, they keep you healthy.

If you didn’t have good hand-eye coordination before steroids, they weren’t going to magically make you a hall of fame caliber p

If you didn’t have good hand-eye coordination before steroids, they weren’t going to magically make you a hall of fame caliber player.
I agree 100%. Plus pretty much everyone was on Roids at the time. It’s hard to know who was or wasn’t on Roids in that era anyways. Jose Canseco for what it’s worth, argued that there are currently dudes in the hof who he believes were on roids.

What is your definition of improvement?

When cats were previously playin all 162 games and dropping 25 HRs and THEN playing another 162 but dropping 55+ I would say that kinda improves your 'game'

Nontheless this is an old argument, MLB players have talent. And I think Sheff should be in too.
I’d say they changed their approach, which I guess is improving their skill. But that in no way indicates steroids was integral in improving skill.

IMG_4523.jpeg

Steroid Facts

IMO if A Jones is bein judged on his weird career split then Mauer must be as well and if so - not a first ballot HOFer. Dude was done at 30 and I still have visions in my brain of his two-hoppers to the second baseman over...and over...and over.

But yeah the three batting titles do stick out on his resume which you cannot ignore. And...concussions.

And Andruw probably the greatest defensive outfielder ever too

Mauer should be first ballot, MVP, silver sluggers, gold gloves, either the 1 or 2 best-hitting catcher of all time.

Surprised Beltre is basically unanimous.

Mauer's HOF case is as borderline as borderline gets to me. I personally have him as a HOF, but let's be real. There is a stronger argument that he isn't a HOFer as there is he is a 1st ballot HOFer.

DODGERS ARE CHEATING !!!

THEY CAN'T KEEP GETTIN AWAY WITH THIS !!!!

NOT FAIR , WHAT ABOUT EVERYONE ELSE !!!

Dodgers watched everyone pivot towards the moneyball philosophy and responded by going full throttle in the opposite direction. Smart.

Dodgers watched everyone pivot towards the moneyball philosophy and responded by going full throttle in the opposite direction. Smart.

Technically, they are playing moneyball.

They are paying 2 million a year for the league's biggest star.

Back
Top Bottom