2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

That's not necessarily true. They were middle of the packish in the early 2000's and after during periods where they got competitive. End of the day, the ownership group purposely alienated the fans by being cheap af and trading away fan favorites constantly. At least their fans showed up during the post season when they made it, unlike the TB fiasco this past post season.

I get moving a team to Vegas, just saying it shouldn't have been Fisher and Co. that was awarded that privilege. It's disgusting...

Don’t sugarcoat it, man. These are all the seasons they were competitive in the last 20 years. Most of these were playoff runs, too. A lot of them division wins. To win 97 wins back to back seasons and finish 24th/27th is embarrassing. 2 years of great baseball. Fans didn’t show up. Over 20 seasons, they’ve shown us that they just don’t support the team no matter what. 3 playoff home games a year don’t make up for that :lol:

96 wins, 18th in attendance
91 wins, 19th in attendance
88 wins, 19th in attendance
93 wins, 23rd in attendance
94 wins, 27th in attendance
96 wins, 23rd in attendance
88 wins, 24th in attendance
97 wins, 27th in attendance
97 wins, 24th in attendance
86 wins, 29th in attendance

A’s got history in the bay. The 70s were 50 years ago but that was a dominant stretch.

As far as fan attendance goes, the owner sucks and has been cost cutting for 20+ years. The fact that they were any good at all is a testament to the front office.

Stop purchasing sports teams with the sole purpose of generating profit. The giants could’ve been overtaken in the bay plenty of times Post Bonds era but the A’s never put any money into the team and have been waiting to dip out for 10+ years.

I know this is dating back a long time now, but I bought 2 tickets to an A's Red Sox playoff game in 2003, 15 minutes before the game started FROM the ticket booth. My seats were in like row 12 right by third base. That should absolutely never happen for a playoff game.

The A's have a group of very passionate fans. I wont ever say differently. The problem is, that group of very passionate fans is not that large of a group.

The coliseum is an absolute dump. Even entering felt like a prison. Couldn’t pay me to go there. I don’t care if my team went 162-0 :lol: :smh:

I know this is dating back a long time now, but I bought 2 tickets to an A's Red Sox playoff game in 2003, 15 minutes before the game started FROM the ticket booth. My seats were in like row 12 right by third base. That should absolutely never happen for a playoff game.

The A's have a group of very passionate fans. I wont ever say differently. The problem is, that group of very passionate fans is not that large of a group.
i understand what you’re saying, but the A’s have a 50k seat stadium with plenty of seating options. Those games had 50k fans in attendance.

Don’t sugarcoat it, man. These are all the seasons they were competitive in the last 20 years. Most of these were playoff runs, too. A lot of them division wins. To win 97 wins back to back seasons and finish 24th/27th is embarrassing. 2 years of great baseball. Fans didn’t show up. Over 20 seasons, they’ve shown us that they just don’t support the team no matter what. 3 playoff home games a year don’t make up for that :lol:

"Even when the A’s were good, the fans didn’t go to regular season games" was what you said and I just mentioned how that wasn't necessarily true. From 2000-2019 they've had just about 1.5 Million fans a year attending, with some seasons of 2M+ fans. That's far from the best, but still something considering factors many have mentioned here. Facilities have been extremely poor/outdated, and the constant roster shuffling is a turn off for fans. Folks in the East Bay love baseball, there's history there, so this is a sad day. I'm personally not going to blame fans for this, they deserved better.

I understand this too. but from a fan perspective its tough to invest into something that doesnt invest back into you. when the below is your track record, you will lose fans. not invest in the team or the stadium will create those results.

I got a lot of thoughts and opinions but just some random ones below:

-The attendance argument is pointless. They play in the worst stadium in baseball under an owner who hasn't spent a dime on a player, yet y'all expect casual fans to show up? Most ballparks are filled by the casual fans, not the diehards. Get a new stadium and put a winning team out there and people will show just based on the population of the area. Go look at the Giants attendance pre new stadium.
-All this talk about attendance but we going to build a new park in Tampa when they had less than 20k for a playoff game? Yeah alright.
-MLB's main goal was to just get out of Oakland, nothing else about this move makes any sense. What makes sense about moving the team to the 40th media market? Why waive relocation fee? This locks Fisher in for revenue sharing forever in Vegas as well.
-This thing was jammed through because they needed the owners to vote yes by 12/1 to keep the site/money in Vegas and Fisher needed a deal by 1/24 to keep revenue sharing.
-The giants can **** off for offering the use of Oracle park in the meantime.
-There are still some steps before they can get a shovel in the ground. Anything can happen but def. not holding my breathe.
-Not that anyone cares :lol:but I'm done as a baseball fan for the most part. Will stop by parks when traveling and watch some playoffs but that's about it unless something changes.
-I hope to live to see the day Fisher die so I can piss on this grave.

NT, can you revert my username back? :lol::frown:

IMG_6548.jpeg

Shocker :lol:

The postseason flameout shouldn't put a damper on what was a legit historic season from him :pimp: :pimp:

Not everyday/year you see someone do something that's never been done before in 146 years

Back
Top Bottom