2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

From my understanding of the situation, ownership wants the city to help subsidize the proposed new ballpark. The city officials are hesitant to sign off, hence the imminent threat of relocation.

Oakland fans are loyal and will be the unfortunate victims here if the A’s leave, much like the Raiders situation.

That’s smart, the people shouldn’t pay like owners made Miami paid for Marlins park.

But I still expect more A’s fan in attendance given that The Bay is sports crazy.

Mets are a dumpster fire :rofl:

438B11F0-21E8-43AD-9B9E-1A24138A5EC9.jpeg
This def makes me want to go to the game on Tuesday just to see the fans boo Lindor and Baez lol.

That’s smart, the people shouldn’t pay like owners made Miami paid for Marlins park.

But I still expect more A’s fan in attendance given that The Bay is sports crazy.

I agree, but the new ballpark has probably paid for itself because of the money it brought Miami through the ASG and the annual college football bowl played there.

At the end of the day, it’s probably more costly to the local economy for the city to lose major league baseball and all the opportunities a new ballpark could bring.

The A’s really can’t build on anything until they get a new stadium. It’s remarkable Beane puts together 90 win seasons together each year with such little resources. Like imagine playing in a used NFL stadium in 2021 :lol:

I have zero problem with Baez/Lindor or any player giving booing fans thumbs down when they are cheering success.

Mets owner should shut the **** up about it too.

Granted.....I know he only cares about the money/alienating fans aspect of it, but those players are what bring those fans in, if they want to react back towards the fans, I don't have a problem with it, fans need to calm their a$$e$ down. You have the right to boo......they have the right to flip you off or thumbs down you too, deal with it.

I have zero problem with Baez/Lindor or any player giving booing fans thumbs down when they are cheering success.

Mets owner should shut the **** up about it too.

Granted.....I know he only cares about the money/alienating fans aspect of it, but those players are what bring those fans in, if they want to react back towards the fans, I don't have a problem with it, fans need to calm their a$$e$ down. You have the right to boo......they have the right to flip you off or thumbs down you too, deal with it.

I don't really care what Mets players do with their thing as long as they help the team to win

It's amusing that some fans took it too serious even the Mets won both games in the last weekend

Dude, take it easy with the owner thing that you made a comment. Cohen doesn't need the Mets or fans to make him richer, popular or anything. I mean he managed to add $3-4 billions into his net worth after getting banned from trading client money for two years. Owning the Mets is just a hobby to him plus his in laws are longtime die hard Mets fans

I am willing to give Cohen a pass since he is still learning how to run an organization as an owner. We still have staffs and players from the Wilpons era. It will take two or so years to witness a full time Cohen era team

We are in the ****** situation right now

We gave up our last year's first rounder for Baez. We cannot get a draft pick if he signs with a new team next year. I really hope the Mets re-sign Baez. Otherwise, its such a waste :lol: :smh:

It is what it is
giphy.gif

We will be alright

The A’s really can’t build on anything until they get a new stadium. It’s remarkable Beane puts together 90 win seasons together each year with such little resources. Like imagine playing in a used NFL stadium in 2021 :lol:

Where are they even threatening to go if they can’t a stadium?

Harper :smokin

Bryce Harper is slugging .923 (60 total bases in 65 ABs) against RHP this month, best in MLB

Last edited:
They could easily build a new stadium with mixed housing and retail at the exact same location. Gonna be trash if they leave Oakland.

Rays and Giants doing what they're doing is pretty cool, given the star power of the Yankees/Dodgers. Probably gonna be some good playoffs this year.

Back
Top Bottom