2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

It’s crazy they let Cora come back and coach the Red Sox. Certified cheater and they don’t even talk about it. Should have been punished for real, **** this smug prick.
Man, it’s the environment.
They ALLLLLLL cheat or cheated and it was just not considered “cheating” in a lot of instances on a lot of different things.
MLB truly bred an “if you’re not cheating you’re not competing” or “if you’re not cheating you’re not trying” type of League.
Just look at the responses before and after the Sticky Ban, by the Olayers and Management alike.
Where does it stop?
Yea, Bosox and Stros Super Cheated.
You could call that working harder, to be honest.

I watched this same type of mentality play out recently at one of my Day Jobs, and it cost my friend his job, and he needed his job.

What happened was, he sold Used Car to a client.
Car had issues.
Client came back complaining.
Friend tells the client he and we can’t and won’t fix the issue.
Client makes a big fuss.
My friend goes in and tells Management the client is irate and wants to speak to a Manager.
Manager tells my friend “I don’t need to talk to them, you know our policy, you tell the customer what that policy is and it’s no longer our problem it’s theirs, and they need to “Get the F off the lot”
(Now backstory here is their(my employers) policy/mentality in Used Cars is that it’s a Used Car and once you buy it, it’s your problem not ours, if it breaks in half 5 minutes after you leave the lot, then you own both halves, we aren’t fixing ****)
My friend goes back to client and though he doesn’t tell them “Get the F off the lot” verbatim, he totally tells them it’s their issue not his, he’s can’t help them, and that he has another customer he’s with and he needs to get back to them, and he walks off.
Client goes on Google/Facebook/DealerRater and blasts the Dealership, gives 3 bad reviews, names names and tells his story.
GM sees the reviews, calls in my Friend, and asks him if what the client claims happened actually happened.
Friend says “yes sir it happened just like Client said”
GM fires my friend.

Same kind of thing with Stros and Bosox and Spider Tack and Roids, etc.
If MLB somewhat allows many levels of cheating and they look the other way, then when player or team A starts cheating and gets a clear advantage and are allowed to do it, other teams have to level up and super cheat too, to gain same competitive balance.

Then all of a sudden those people cheating get punished for it, and they’re like “what the f”

Last edited:
All Star weekend was pretty good, enjoyed it. But on a day to day basis. Baseball sucks. This Red Sox game is terrible. 5 walks in the bottom of the 7th? Come on man this is the big leagues.

2 outta 3, I'll take it at this point :nthat:

tenor.gif

Well my fellow Mets sufferers, I think it’s safe to say that this season is a wash. The Mets came out of All Star break like Kevin carrying chili. It’s a wrap.
Mets imploding on that 3 run infield single.

07/18/21 game was a great one. They came back and won it. Funny how the Mets bullpen lost the game before, and this game they flexed their muscles and won it.

Mets really need some starting pitching.

This season is not a wash.

Next couple weeks will be telling.

For sure.

Degrom out, Lindor out (defensive impact) Carrasco coming back soon, what kind of pitcher will he be ?

Will our offense finally take off (and more consistently ) ? What will our starting pitching look like and will the bullpen be able to sustain its success ?

How are they ever gonna be able to monitor that say even 5 yrs from now ? His face gonna be at the entrance of every ballpark ? :lol:

I've never had to show any id at a stadium or when i buy tix. U gonna tell me dude gets handed some Yankee tix from someone else security is gonna be able to recognize him , c'mon man ...

How are they ever gonna be able to monitor that say even 5 yrs from now ? His face gonna be at the entrance of every ballpark ? :lol:

I've never had to show any id at a stadium or when i buy tix. U gonna tell me dude gets handed some Yankee tix from someone else security is gonna be able to recognize him , c'mon man ...
*agrees in Bobby Valentine*

-foe

I imagine he would be breaking some sort of trespassing law if caught. While you guys are right, there is zero way of enforcing it at the gates of every stadium, I imagine that if caught inside, he would be arrested and charged with at least one crime.

It's just lip service.

Still f that little twerp.

It’s all for show. There’s no way MLB can actually enforce that unless somebody says hey, here’s the guy who is banned from MLB sitting next to me.

But it helps MLB show they’re “doing something about it”

Dude who relieved Ohtani immediately walked 2 guys then gave up the 3 run bomb and got yanked. They checked for foreign substances on his way off the mound. :lol:

I only go to a game or two a year at most the last decade but had to see the boy.

The excitement in the air when Ohtani is playing is crazy. He brings the baddies out too

Back
Top Bottom