2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

Id be shocked and upset if we decided to stand pat. Not doing anything would set this team back for years.

I don't necessarily disagree with you but with how wide open the NL is, I think they will try to ride it out and see what happens.

Edit *Curious, would you trade Bum for the type of deal the Jays got for Stroman or would you rather see them try to ride this out?

I'm also surprised the Mets are starting Syndi tonight. I don't think they trade him but I wouldn't even pitch him just in case a team gets desperate and makes a big offer.

Guy on the radio said that a lot of the new young GMs are asking for a lot and the old GMs aren't happy about it.

Yeah I think Astros get Wheeler.

I don't necessarily disagree with you but with how wide open the NL is, I think they will try to ride it out and see what happens.

Edit *Curious, would you trade Bum for the type of deal the Jays got for Stroman or would you rather see them try to ride this out?

Bottom line, if we somehow go for it and win a wildcard spot, we are essentially delaying our rebuild for 1 game. Even if we win, we would play the Dodgers in round 1....and we all know how that would go. Standing pat/buying doesnt make sense.

I wouldnt love the type of trade that the Jays got for Stroman for Bum, but its not bad. I would prefer a bat and an arm to two arms. But they were two of the Mets top 10 prospects, so I wouldnt be pissed or anything. I think we could do a little bit better.

think the Astros end up with Wheeler not madbum

turn him into a gerrit cole 2.0 when cole walks

Astros fans are gonna love Wheeler. I am still high on him. I believe he will be very good

I'm also surprised the Mets are starting Syndi tonight. I don't think they trade him but I wouldn't even pitch him just in case a team gets desperate and makes a big offer.

Guy on the radio said that a lot of the new young GMs are asking for a lot and the old GMs aren't happy about it.

Yeah I think Astros get Wheeler.

From what I see, young general managers are not interested in developing young players. They prefer MLB ready young players. I don't blame them

He’s never had higher than a .320 obp and is always injured. Lemme guess though he hits the cut off man well. Heyward is a better player than this bum.

You’re picking the numbers that fit what you’re saying—not at all discussing his overall impact, his base running, basically puts a guy on 2B anytime he gets on base, the fact that he’s the best defensive CF in baseball.

Why do you think it’s either him or a Thor deal doesn’t get done? Because he sucks and he’s a bust?

Why do you think the twins never win games aside from once every decade?

Don’t sit here and tell me his defense and ability to get to second is why the twins are winning. He has a 2.5 war and is only on base 30% of the time. Maybe if he knew how to hit and draw a walk he’d be a valuable player. Same metrics you’re using were lauded toward Heyward who is another overpaid bum.

If I’m trading Thor it’s not for an established scrub.

i dont know why the mets would even consider trading thor to begin with... hes one of the few guys id keep on that team imo

Back
Top Bottom