2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

Who are y'all awards leaders at the break?

AL Cy Young Verlander and Trevor Bauer

AL MVP CANNOT be Trout when the Angels never make the playoffs and are 14 games out of 1st in the AL West. I can't get my head around giving a player (as great as he is) an award for a team that stays losing the way the Angels do. It's a shame because Trout is an all timer but how valuable is he if you're not winning games with him in the lineup everyday?

Besides that AL MVP belongs to Mookie Betts

AL MVP- Betts
AL CY- Verlander
AL ROY-Torres
NL MVP- Kemp (yes I know I'm biased)
NL CY- DeGrom
NL ROY- Soto

Mid-season, this is who I have:

AL MVP - Trout.
2-5 I'd go Betts, Ramirez, Lindor, Bregman.

NL MVP - Freeman.
Have Baez as a close 2nd and Cain is probably my third choice. Arenado and Goldie probably 4 and 5, or maybe someone on the Dodgers now that they're #1 in the division.

AL Cy Young - Sale.
Severino is just as worthy though. JV would've been #1 but regression has hit him lately.

NL Cy Young - Nola.
Can't go wrong with DeGrom or Scherzer though.

AL ROY - Gleyber.
Ohtani would be winning if he didn't get injured. Bauers, Andujar, and Stassi are up there. Trivino as a rookie reliever is killing it.

NL ROY - Soto.
Jesse Winker and Brian Anderson are having great rookie years too. Seranthony Dominguez as a rookie reliever has also been really impressive taking over the set-up/closer role out of nowhere.

Mid-season, this is who I have:

AL MVP - Trout.
2-5 I'd go Betts, Ramirez, Lindor, Bregman.

Can't go wrong with DeGrom or Scherzer though.

Trout and DeGrom deserve better.
NBA and NFL, for some reason I don't feel bad when Studs get stuck on bad teams but MLB, it really gets me in a bad way.

Maybe it's the amount of games they have to be a part of, I don't know but I hate it for them.

Trout and DeGrom deserve better.
NBA and NFL, for some reason I don't feel bad when Studs get stuck on bad teams but MLB, it really gets me in a bad way.

Maybe it's the amount of games they have to be a part of, I don't know but I hate it for them.

In the NBA and MLB that direct deposit still hits on time.

I have a really hard time feeling bad for a millionaire whose biggest problem in life is not being on a winning sporting franchise.

Trout has options coming up doesn’t he? Nobody is forcing him to stay with the Angels.

In the NFL being on a bad team could cost you your job, and if you play long enough you’re probably gonna be at least partially disabled so I do feel for those guys.

In the NBA and MLB that direct deposit still hits on time.

I have a really hard time feeling bad for a millionaire whose biggest problem in life is not being on a winning sporting franchise.

Trout has options coming up doesn’t he? Nobody is forcing him to stay with the Angels.

In the NFL being on a bad team could cost you your job, and if you play long enough you’re probably gonna be at least partially disabled so I do feel for those guys.
I knew this would be said..........but damn, first reply........NT is what it is.
Everything in this life is so predictable.

Last edited:
I think it sucks for them that they get stuck on bad teams.
Seems like a relatively proportional feeling.

Crying over it, losing sleep over it, writing Letters to them letting them know how bad I feel for them that they are on bad teams....
That would probably be blowing things out of proportion.

I think it sucks for them that they get stuck on bad teams.
Seems like a relatively proportional feeling.

Crying over it, losing sleep over it, writing Letters to them letting them know how bad I feel for them that they are on bad teams....
That would probably be blowing things out of proportion.
Oh you’re the one that said it gets you in a bad way.

Saying that seems too harsh.

Didn’t want you to get too beat up over Mike Trout cashing his $600k game check and having to deal with being 14 games out of first place.

But I was moreso referring to your comment about “everything in life is so predictable”.

It’s not. You’re overreacting. Things will be ok for you and Mike Trout and even some of the people on niketalk.

I promise.

Oh you’re the one that said it gets you in a bad way.

Saying that seems too harsh.

Didn’t want you to get too beat up over Mike Trout cashing his $600k game check and having to deal with being 14 games out of first place.

But I was moreso referring to your comment about “everything in life is so predictable”.

It’s not. You’re overreacting. Things will be ok for you and Mike Trout and even some of the people on niketalk.

I promise.
Jesus

Phillies about to get Machado AND Bryce Harper. I can't believe it, we really gutting the whole DMV lmao

AL Cy Young Verlander and Trevor Bauer

AL MVP CANNOT be Trout when the Angels never make the playoffs and are 14 games out of 1st in the AL West. I can't get my head around giving a player (as great as he is) an award for a team that stays losing the way the Angels do. It's a shame because Trout is an all timer but how valuable is he if you're not winning games with him in the lineup everyday?

Besides that AL MVP belongs to Mookie Betts
I hear you there about Trout but MLB MVP history says that's not the rule. Numerous times they do vote players MVP who don't make the playoffs, it's unlike the NBA.

Stanton, Trout, Harper, Pujols, and R Howard have MVP's without making playoffs. Betts has a great case and if he continues on his trend it's gonna be interesting. But If Trout ends up having the greatest WAR season of all time then he's right there.

This isn't the NBA where being the best olayer automatically puts you in the postseason :lol: Or the NFL where only 3 positions ever get considered for MVP.

Trout's already been robbed though, so I'm expecting it to happen again.

trout getting that lebron mvp treatment where he’s too boring/good to keep giving it to him.

i don’t care if the angels finished dead last, MLB goes by numbers not by teams performance.

he’s on pacing for having one of his top 3 maybe even best seasons of his career.

oh and Severino Cy Young.

Back
Top Bottom