2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

Quick question about the alex verdugo catch where he went out of play. When he throws the ball back in play from outside the field and the runners got awarded a base advance, my question is if he climbed back on field and then made the throw would the runners still be awarded a base advance? Hope the question makes sense, in 25 years of watching baseball I've never seen a play similar.

Quick question about the alex verdugo catch where he went out of play. When he throws the ball back in play from outside the field and the runners got awarded a base advance, my question is if he climbed back on field and then made the throw would the runners still be awarded a base advance? Hope the question makes sense, in 25 years of watching baseball I've never seen a play similar.
Jomboy explained in it the vid. As soon as his hand touched outside the foul area the ball is dead and runners advance. If wouldve kept his hand inside and didn’t fall over then runners don’t advance.

Back in my day Aces were allowed to throw a 100+ pitches and go deep into the 8th

I didn't like either SP getting pulled, honestly. I understand it's the times, but it's Game 1...plenty of reasons not to start playing the bullpen mix/match game in those circumstances, imo. Especially LA with a bullpen day looming. They won, but like I said, it's game 1. Series is long...at least that's how you should manage it.

Back
Top Bottom