2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

Can’t count on the Red Sox to do anything.

Sale getting pulverized again by the Rays.

Can someone beat this team please?

Need to see the Rays play some better teams than the Tigers, Nats, A’s, and Red Sox. Their next 5 series are against the Jays, Reds, White Sox, Astros, and White Sox again. Jays being the only team over .500.

Sitting in the Budweiser suite for the game tonight.

Hopefully they don’t keep Jordan out of the lineup to rest today or something……..Would be dope to be there when he breaks the record!

BE710A31-6612-4889-869F-2E9EE4EAA648.jpeg

Vancouver, BC may not be interested but that’s a better expansion destination than SLC with similar offerings and more diversity, imo. A team in Mexico City could be dope too.

I don’t see it as much of a draw in Utah to be honest.

I’ve been to minor league games there, the salt lake bees, and they were fun.

However, it’s hard to have some things in Utah for obvious reasons. One of the reasons the jazz are so popular is because there are basketball courts in just about every church in the state of Utah (which is a lot). Basketball is played heavily there, and it is extremely popular. Hence, one of the reasons the jazz can do no wrong there.

Baseball, which relies on a lot of casual fans to come in and lounge on the weekends I feel are somewhat unlikely. On Sundays, pretty much the entire city is closed or closes early. The people who are likely to go out on a Sunday are likely to be in the mountains or playing outdoors somewhere. It is just one day out of the week, but I would imagine sat/Sun are the biggest draws for teams around the country.

It might work in the initial years, but I feel like it’s not the best city for something like that long term.

Back
Top Bottom