2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

56E01A6E-3853-469E-A325-87F80728CE9D.gif

Or just maybe if Dave Roberts managed the game better, he wouldnt have been down to a pitcher to pinch hit in a key situation?

Last week, Jake Cronenworth pitched to David Price, who hit a sac fly to Joe Musgrove in left field.

NL rules <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

It should be DH or just have an 8-man lineup. Watching these awful-hitting pitchers at the plate is the worst. Hopefully More two-way players start coming up now that Ohtani has shown it’s possible in the big leagues. I think cronenworth is actually trying to be a two-way player, isn’t he? Jared Walsh was a two-way player in the minors but Maddon said he doesn’t wanna let him pitch.

Yeah if they're talking about potentially moving back the mound then a universal DH should be a no-brainer. Is what it is, but you definitely have to be more prepared in that situation last night.

The strategy of having to set a lineup & gameplan around an automatic out?

Strategy of when to replace your pitcher for a pinch hitter, double switching, managing a bench, etc.

If your argument is that no one wants to see a pitcher hit because none of them can, it would be logical to assume that the American League's collective batting average would crush the National Leagues right? Because there is an automatic out in every National League lineup every day? This chart may shock you, but the difference in AL batting average is typically a few points.

Sorry, but a batting average difference of .003 over the course of a season isnt really a strong argument to eliminate pitchers batting.

Dont like batting average? How about homeruns then? Check the chart. There is ZERO correlation between hitting more homeruns and having a DH.

I'm team universal DH as well. Watching pitchers hit ain't the most aesthetically pleasing part of the game IMO.

At the very least, make it the same in both leagues. No DH or universal DH.

Reactions: HIM
Strategy of when to replace your pitcher for a pinch hitter, double switching, managing a bench, etc.

If your argument is that no one wants to see a pitcher hit because none of them can, it would be logical to assume that the American League's collective batting average would crush the National Leagues right? Because there is an automatic out in every National League lineup every day? This chart may shock you, but the difference in AL batting average is typically a few points.

Sorry, but a batting average difference of .003 over the course of a season isnt really a strong argument to eliminate pitchers batting.

Dont like batting average? How about homeruns then? Check the chart. There is ZERO correlation between hitting more homeruns and having a DH.

Now do Pitcher batting average and Home Runs vs DH.

Making pitchers hit needs to go away.
The hitters can barely hit.
Why TF do I want see a SP/RP take up 4-6 AB’s per game when the Batters can’t even make contact or put the ball in play.
I can’t believe an article like this isn’t posted by every major Paper and Website.
I looked at team rankings for BA. this weekend and I think the highest was .269.
That’s pretty wild this early into the season.
It’s usually much higher and then drops as the Season progresses.

typical phils wasting Harpers amazing games

last 8 games

14 Hits 4 were HRs and 7 walks

i know not many really mess with bryce but he has been absolutely on fire

My God Detroit stinks.
A runner on 3rd with no outs and you don't come close to bringing him home.

Back
Top Bottom