2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

How the heck are the Mets losing to the bum a** Dodgers
By6lWipCIAA80pf.jpg

So far I got Osh, Pro, RetroBaller, and JRS for the All-Time MLB Redraft. Still compiling list, ETA Oct-Nov.

Theres an older White dude who goes to every Dodger game. He was at Citi tonight, not too far from where I was sitting. Puig and Turner hugged him and greeted him before the game, and after Turner hit his homer he pointed at the dude showing himlove on his way to the dugout. Pretty dope moment and it must be nice to travel with the Dodgers as a fan and experience these moments.

Interesting...

I feel like I know this already, but how are trades (of significance) still allowed after the deadline? :lol:

Dallas was outspoken about the lack of moves the Stros made, so I wouldn't be surprised if they try & grab Verlander.

I feel like I know this already, but how are trades (of significance) still allowed after the deadline? :lol:

Dallas was outspoken about the lack of moves the Stros made, so I wouldn't be surprised if they try & grab Verlander.
They have to clear waivers for any team to make a deal or the team can claim a guy off waivers and either work out a deal like the mariners did with Alonso or just et the guy outright if desired in a salary dump.

Yeah so basically a player is placed on waivers. Goes in reverse order of standings. So Astros would be second to last on the waiver order. When you place that waiver claim, you can work out a trade deal or a team can just send the player over to the team. Doesn't need to be a trade Per se. A team can place of waiver claim on the player to block another team from having that chance. But you run in the chances of that team forcing you to take that player, salary and all. So because he makes so much money, I think no team will attempt to block the better teams from placing that claim. The tigers can also pull back Verlander even after a waiver claim happens.

Back
Top Bottom