2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

Clutch Mook hitting. :emoji_fire: Earning the $365M L.A. gave him. Woodruff was dealing before running into trouble bottom 5, Urias and Gyorko gotta turn that DP to end the inning. After Counsell used five pitchers in G1, he had to be hoping Woodruff could go six and let Hader get the last 9 outs.

The game is in good hands with all the future stars. Tatis Jr., Soto, Acuna, Robert, Bichette, Lewis, Vladdy Jr. I could go on. I'm high on James Karinchak for my Tribe, but he didn't have it relieving "Cookie" G2.

All is right in the world if P proshares byke. Hope you well, fam. Please restart our keeper league you ran.

STL gotta be favored G3 with Flaherty on the mound, but Pads have shown heart and fight without Clev and Lamet. Curious to see who Tingler trots out there tomorrow night.

I always rated the Bautista bat flip highly but sheesh 🔥🔥🔥

Screenshot_20201001-184543_Samsung Internet.jpg

I hate Bautista’s bat flip. It was awkward and weird, no fluidity.

Hype for this Padres game, no clue who wins this game.

I think the Cubs win today.

Imagine how many more young fans the MLB would have if this was a common occurrence here and didn't result in a national debate on the right way to play the game.

I don't even think that's it. I think the game is just too slow for the younger generation now. In smaller towns, seems like LAX and even spring soccer/rec basketball are poaching baseball players.

Not really sure what MLB can do to bring in younger/more fans. Let’s keep it real. Baseball is boring AF and way too long. To the average person it looks like players just stand around all day. The only real people who watch are former players or people really into sports. Football you can turn on and everyone is engaged can’t say the same for a baseball game. Sports betting is probably helping baseball stay alive longer too.

Baseball may never be super popular like it used to be, but I do think that at some point you'll have a different influx of coaches that are more of the new age. Baseball is so damn rooted in the early 1900s and unwritten rules that most of your coaches in higher levels above little league like select ball and HS are taught this "right way." I was lucky to have both growing up. One was an old crotchety man, who I appreciated for teaching proper fundamentals and seeing scenarios play out before the ball is pitched (situational awerness)...then the other was a local flame out who played minor league ball and made it fun to practice.

The generational gaps is just at a slower pace.

Last edited:
Imagine how many more young fans the MLB would have if this was a common occurrence here and didn't result in a national debate on the right way to play the game.

I was seeing the comments on the MLB and ESPN Facebook posts about Tatis and a common theme was “he should get drilled in the ribs next time he’s at bat for showboating”.

Like I don’t get that way of thinking. Do they think the Cardinals pitchers are the only ones capable of drilling someone or something. Cause if you drill Tatis because of fragility, one of your guys is getting it in return at some point. And sucks for them to be on the receiving end of a tit for tat caused by the fragile ego of a pitcher who doesn’t even bat at all this season.

Aside from that. Potentially putting a base runner on in a playoff game due to hurt feelings is kinda silly too. The other team may still retaliate but they’ll wait until the regular season to do it.

the cubs just couldn't get any hits... darvish pitched decent today... have to give credit to jeter who built the team and everyone giving him crap for trading all these all stars lol

Back
Top Bottom