2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

I stay forgetting this angle and need not to. Them kids can be ruthless, man. :smh:

Sure, bullying isn’t good - but is this a fact? And to what degree?

There’s a difference between razzing her and threatening/harassing etc.

I also don’t see anything on this after a quick Google search - not saying you made this up, just curious on more details

Last edited:
just listened to the 2 minutes. he's upset that they took a deal to snitch, didn't get punished, and specifically Cora took the fall, then cora relocated to PR because his daughter got bullied at school for her dad being labeled a cheater. Begs the question to what extent Cora was involved, because Kelly says it was primarily player motivated.

either way, the alternative is everyone sat quiet, no one cooperated, MLB throws out a suspension for the players, MLBPA appeals the suspension, wins, and the players still don't get punished, and cora, luhnow, hinch, beltran are all still liable to get punished. not sure what kelly was expecting to happen.
Why do you and some others seem to think its a foregone conclusion that the players association would win the appeal?

What incentive did the Astros players have to say anything to MLB/Manfred if they were going to be protected anyways?

I like those '70's/'80's Phillies uniforms.
Takes me back to Pete Rose's stint on the team.

s-l1600 (1).jpg

What incentive did the Astros players have to say anything to MLB/Manfred if they were going to be protected anyways?

maybe they thought there was a decent chance of getting caught and an actual punishment?

the real question is why would manfred even bother if he was gonna give them immunity :stoneface:

Darvish was nasty tonight. Cubs win again.
I remember Cole getting to Houston and throwing some Masterpieces.
Every outing for 2 months I kept saying, today it happens, regression is inexcapable.
Three months pass, he's getting stronger, as is my doubt he's an ACE.
It mattered none, 5 months passed before I realized, this guy figured it out, whatever it was.

I'd love to see Yu replicate something relatively close to that.
As Dejavu as this feels, YU is going to fall apart soon enough, right?

Sidenote: Screw Pham

Sure, bullying isn’t good - but is this a fact? And to what degree?

There’s a difference between razzing her and threatening/harassing etc.

I also don’t see anything on this after a quick Google search - not saying you made this up, just curious on more details

to clarify: my post was paraphrasing what joe kelly said on the podcast. Joe Kelly said (paraphrasing) Alex Cora went through a lot because of this. A lot of people don't know, but he relocated to PR because his kid was getting bullied in school. I'm only relaying what he said, not stating it as truth.

Why do you and some others seem to think its a foregone conclusion that the players association would win the appeal?

my understanding of the CBA in general is that there are some "guidelines" for suspensions/authority of the commissioner. Similar to "punishment has to fit the crime", but also has to have guidelines on what constitutes "a crime". I can't recall specifically where I read or heard these things, but there's allegedly a lack of instruction on what punishments apply to sign stealing. beyond that, it seems unlikely the commissioner would even be able to build his case without their cooperation to levy any sign stealing punishment. therefore, if manfred punishes without sufficient evidence (i'm sure there's some legal standard in the CBA to determine what this means) to substantiate the punishment, he's likely to lose an appeal. if you have anything to the contrary, please send my way. i'd be interested in reading.

I'd assume the MLBPA jumped in early and said something to the effect of "we'll cooperate for immunity. otherwise, see you in court".

Just to confirm, this is the quote? If so, non story to me lol

“His daughter is taken out of junior high from American schools because she’s getting verbally abused saying ‘Hey your dad’s a cheater’ etc“

reformeDWS reformeDWS

Just to confirm, this is the quote? If so, non story to me lol

“His daughter is taken out of junior high from American schools because she’s getting verbally abused saying ‘Hey your dad’s a cheater’ etc“

reformeDWS reformeDWS

You'll have to listen to the 2 minute clip posted a few pages back for the exact quote, but this is from an article discussing it.

On the podcast, Kelly spoke affectionately of Cora, the former Astros bench coach who, according to Kelly, had to pull his daughter from middle school in America due to teasing and bullying in the scandal’s aftermath. Cora is now residing in his native Puerto Rico, according to Kelly.

link

Back
Top Bottom