2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.

If he does go the buyout route, where do you guys see him landing?

I don't see him joining a contender in a limited role as I see him wanting to prove himself to maximize his odds for a larger contract next year.

I can see the Knicks making a play for him. If they strike out on Brunson, I can see Wall having a starter role.

When this Nets thing blows up...I'm sure the chatter behind the scenes is going to ramp up on putting an end to letting a "superstar" call the shots in your franchise.

The Nets created a "culture" that attracted the big fish and then blew it up for them. They've enabled KD and Kyrie to:

- Bring DJ with them and give him $10Ms and a starting position
- Fire Atkinson and bring in Nash (who KD handpicked...something so many seem to keep forgetting when it comes to Nash criticism)
- Trade away two key pieces to bring in James Harden (1 of whom became an all star at the Nets weakest position) only to watch James dip

If KD tries to run...that would be a FAR weaker move than anything you ****** think he's done before. You helped bring these circumstances to fruition and don't want to face any of the consequences for them. This is even worse than what James Harden did by forcing CP3 out/Russ in and then acting like a ***** on his way out.

That trio (KD-Harden-Kyrie) really did deserve each other.
This feels more like a case study in bad leadership and poor ownership than it is an indictment on letting stars have input/make decisions.

It will be a warning shot to everyone that you can let superstars call shots but you still have to have a backbone as a franchise. Nobody else does/did what the Nets have seemingly done with KD and Kyrie.

But you can absolutely already hear the nasty rhetoric from certain media types coming down the pike when this thing does blow up.

If the Show end up swapping out Brodie for Myrie...

new-jack-city-wesley-snipes.jpg

This feels more like a case study in bad leadership and poor ownership than it is an indictment on letting stars have input/make decisions.

It will be a warning shot to everyone that you can let superstars call shots but you still have to have a backbone as a franchise. Nobody else does/did what the Nets have seemingly done with KD and Kyrie.

But you can absolutely already hear the nasty rhetoric from certain media types coming down the pike when this thing does blow up.

Yea I think this is moreso the case.

It was a calculated risk b/c the talent of those 2 players warrants it. The Lakers did it to a degree last summer with Bron and AD. Superstars are ALWAYS going to have power in the league, it's entirely up to the organization how much pushback they actually give, which honestly is a direct correlation to what their motivations are to be relevant/contenders.

Nets don't have a NBA title in their franchise history. They aren't the Miami Heat circa Bron where despite him being at the peak of his powers, didn't capitulate to Bron's every whim.

KD and Myrie are also two of the most enigmatic stars in the league personality wise; I don't know if many other guys will make decisions like they have. Even now, despite clearly screwing him, KD reportedly is mad at the Nets in this situation for not "getting to know Myrie". Like huh?!

If the Rockets do want to buy out Wall and let him walk for nothing. Why not trade him to the Lakers for Westbrook and a future first then buy out Westbrook instead?

That way the Rockets can at least come out of this with a first-round pick.

If the Rockets do want to buy out Wall and let him walk for nothing. Why not trade him to the Lakers for Westbrook and a future first then buy out Westbrook instead?

😆 at the Lakers giving up a first for John Wall. That's precisely why nothing was done at the deadline, it's hustling backwards. Lakers have been adamant about NOT adding future picks to get off Russ.

I didn't realize Jonas Valančiūnas is a free agent. Pels should absolutely try to resign him.

😆 at the Lakers giving up a first for John Wall. That's precisely why nothing was done at the deadline, it's hustling backwards. Lakers have been adamant about NOT adding future picks to get off Russ.

To be quite honest, in the most respectful manner, I don't view the Lakers GM as a competent GM so I am not taking that out of the equation.

Why would the Lakers do it? :lol:

Don’t think think KD deserves any criticism if he requests a trade. We’re in the age of player empowerment.

Is there any way Golden State can make a trade work with the nets?

only a matter of time before Ben Simmons asks out, too, right?

Nets would probably like to restock some draft picks

Yea I think this is moreso the case.

It was a calculated risk b/c the talent of those 2 players warrants it. The Lakers did it to a degree last summer with Bron and AD. Superstars are ALWAYS going to have power in the league, it's entirely up to the organization how much pushback they actually give, which honestly is a direct correlation to what their motivations are to be relevant/contenders.

Nets don't have a NBA title in their franchise history. They aren't the Miami Heat circa Bron where despite him being at the peak of his powers, didn't capitulate to Bron's every whim.

KD and Myrie are also two of the most enigmatic stars in the league personality wise; I don't know if many other guys will make decisions like they have. Even now, despite clearly screwing him, KD reportedly is mad at the Nets in this situation for not "getting to know Myrie". Like huh?!
Everyone is not a leader. Because of their skill level at the game, people confuse talent for leadership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom