2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why WOULD a star go to San Antonio when they're in rebuild mode?

And thats facts. But that same year Kawhi got shipped they had derozan who is an all star talent and they made the offs. A player couldve linked with him, not sure who was all available at that time. But I feel the way they handled that Kawhi situation definitely doesn’t help them attract new stars on top of already being a hard destination to get em in the first place. But thats just my opinion.

Why doesn't kawhi get the same backlash as KD for leaving a championship team? Hasn't worked out well for either of them

Id say Probably from jump it was being reported that klaw wanted to leave after the year was over with. Unlike KD who was a free agent and chose to go there and it really made no sense to leave that situation. Plus klaw walked away after winning a ship so its kinda like riding off into the sunset on good terms. Did what he needed to do and got up outta there. Plus KD brings a lot of criticism his way with the social media antics compared to Klaw who is basically a mute.

Just goes to show how different generations are ...

You went from trying to be the best by beating the best to trying to be the best by stacking the team and beating on everyone.

KD a ***** ....

And thats facts. But that same year Kawhi got shipped they had derozan who is an all star talent and they made the offs. A player couldve linked with him, not sure who was all available at that time. But I feel the way they handled that Kawhi situation definitely doesn’t help them attract new stars on top of already being a hard destination to get em in the first place. But thats just my opinion.

LOL

Imagine the top free agents of the past few years surveying the landscape and choosing to team up with DeMar Derozan in San Antonio.

You can't POSSIBLY believe that what happened with Kawhi has anything to do w/ a franchise not signing "stars" in the past 4 years when they've signed 1 (Aldridge) in their previous 50 years.

LOL

Imagine the top free agents of the past few years surveying the landscape and choosing to team up with DeMar Derozan in San Antonio.

You can't POSSIBLY believe that what happened with Kawhi has anything to do w/ a franchise not signing "stars" in the past 4 years when they've signed 1 in their previous 50 years.

No I dont think that is the SOLE reason why a player wouldnt come. Like I said previously, that destination is already a hard draw to get big talent and the mistreatment of a former star player definitely aint helping the cause.

Donovan is always in Westchester and Citi Field during the off season. Those are his homes/family ties.

All the “Knicks” chatter means nothing. We lost out on him after going for Brunson.

If anything he’ll up in Brooklyn in a 3 team deal.

One of them ESPN dudes said KD only wants to go to Miami if Jimmy, Bam and Lowery are still there... Like bruh.

If he really did say that. You would think teams would be hesitant to send 4 first round picks to where they’re still shelling out picks well into Durants late 30’s.

The guy has shown on multiple occasions with different teams that it doesn’t take much to make him unhappy. And if he’s unhappy he’s checked out. Golden State got 3 seasons out of him. Brooklyn got 3 as well, (2 of which he actually played in).

Aside from not all players aging equally. With his track record, is he still going to be buying into whatever team he ends up on 2-3 years from now. If they have to give up key pieces and future assets to acquire him to where they’re limited on what moves they can make after landing him, is he going to get upset when they can’t upgrade the roster? All valid things any team trading for him needs to consider.

Why doesn’t he have one? Dallas can attract FA’s. I’m sure they could do better than Porzingis.

Dallas have no money. You didn’t just see them fumble the Brunson deal?

You don’t think Luka wants to play with a star? That’s absurd.

Couple more fumbles from the Dallas front office he’ll want out in 3-4 years to go play with one.

They gave him and Kyrie the keys now they're upset over a 'lack of leadership' even though they wanted to run things :lol::lol:

Can't make it up

59d.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom