2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Windy.gif

Sorry! I don't know what the actual leopard shirt looks like.

Glad to see you back in the mix. :nthat:

You haven't watched Lord Windy's viral vid, have you? :lol:

I saw the windy video and I'll give him credit for predicting the rebuild... I didnt think that would happen im just saying saying once they started trading guys and not resigning their own it just seemed odd... I didn't think gobert would get traded but not surprised... I heard him and donavan didnt get along especially after the covid thing...

I like the trade for the jazz it was a bad contract... not sure why Minny would do that deal and give up the haul to get him smh

Think donte will be solid if he can stay healthy
The warriors system is perfect for his skill set

Absolutely it was way too much to give up. And 2027 and 2029 will hurt really bad.

This was the best move they would have available to them in the next year or two before they are beholden to maxes on KAT, Ant and maybe McDaniels. Same philosophy as NFL, when you have a franchise QB in a rookie deal, you better be ALL IN at that moment because the opportunity dwindles immediately once that first extension happens. Ant being the franchise QB in this scenario.

I think offensively they become a P&R heavy team with a lot of ball movement to get open shots.

Defensively the fit for Gobert is better with Minny. So that lessens some of the playoff concerns. There’s a difference between an occasional guy getting to the basket and it happening every play.
KAT will probably still get a good amount of minutes at the 5. But this was a necessary move because him at the 5 was becoming a double edged sword. I think the damage he can do on a defense playing him as a 4, would translate to any clunkiness at the 4

Risky move. But it was the only one that maximizes now. I really don’t think they are too far off in the West. Assuming Ant development.
Correct 100% with this assesment.

More than anything I think this trade reflects the FO opinion regarding Edwards and McDaniels. They must see his progression next season and beyond into the elite category. If ANT makes the jump to top 20 player next year (which I think he could) This deal makes a lot more sense.

I also think as a Wolves fan the picks would be a lot more palatable without losing the pick in the Russel trade. That one hurt. I don't mind getting rid of the picks tbh, not even the late ones. The Vanderbilt inclusion stings the most- young player that can guard multiple positions on a team friendly contract. I liked Beverly and he gave this team heart it lacked, but I think he played his role and we had 4 pgs all deserving of reserve minutes. It was by far our deepest position.

I thought they could have used some of that capital to package with Russel and upgrade at PG, don't see that happening now lol

Last edited:
Giving away 4 unprotected firsts and 3 20 year olds to pair 3 other 20 year olds with a 30 year old is not a move anyone has to make if they're not immediately competing for a championship from it

I never said it was a good move to make, I just understand why they did it.

hold tf up. So we giving windy credit for the gobert trade? Lol, we were talking about blowing it up before the Damb playoffs started

One or both of them were always gonna get traded

It’s alright man. Let him take the credit, it’s all good.

remember when people thought the Knicks gave up a lot when they traded for melo...that looks like nothing compared to the trades now a days like the gobert and murray trade lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom