2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the wolves trade

A team that’s never done anything ever. Even being top 5 for the next 4 out of 6 years would be like a championship for them. Just to be relevant. And I mean that with respect not shade. Gotta crawl before you can walk. You don’t go from bad to title winner. It takes years and years of reputation building

Pretty much.

They have no choice.

Either lose Ant for nothing in 2028 or have to trade him in 2027 because they need the capital for him.

I think it all depends on what the perimeter defenders on the 1-3s do. If Jaden McDaniels and Anthony Edwards are able to play solid defense and develop their defense it makes everything easier. They’re only 21 and 20 respectively. Problem with Utah is the perimeter defense was horrid and forced Rudy into being pointless out there. Couldn’t stop the flood gates.
He’s also not switchable and will be purposefully sought out in the PnR. Just like he was before the Jazz traded & signed all those guys who can’t defend.

Which would be fine, but he also can’t create for himself, and now I have to move KAT to the 4 and have to routinely ask him to close out to 30 feet for the first time in his life.

In a playoff environment, this is a terrible idea.

Son did not think this through. These wishy washy *** dudes bout to end the player empowerment era.

The dude is delusional in thinking Miami or whoever is going to acquire him for pennies on the dollar and that the Nets would accommodate his trade request to the extent of taking a trash deal and hurting their organization in the process. But his trade request creates for an interesting dynamic in that any team potentially trading for him would be smart to keep his wishy washy behavior in mind with any offers they make.

No guarantee he’ll be happy in 2-3 years to where those backloaded future 1st round picks could end up being costly if come 2025 he’s not happy, he wants out and is determined to force his way elsewhere.

Same for any potential Kyrie Irving trade. The red flags are there, and you’re getting all the moodiness, wishy washy behavior and unreliable tendencies along with all the on court talent they bring.

The Raps can give Brooklyn a nice packpage.

After today tho. Brooklyn is going to ask for EVERYTHING (as they should).

So…are the Wolves planning on keeping KAT WITH Gobert? Those are two massive contracts to be together

This **** is comical.... how you (the wolves) wake up and say .. Gobert, yeah he is the one that's going to get us over the hump. LoL

5 players plus 4 unprotected 1st ...

You would def need to give up everything to get Durant.

Their depth is atrocious. They’re not better than a fully healthy Lakers, Blazers and Clippers.

I’ll put money on it too once the KD and Kyrie saga is over and we have a sense of teams rosters.

Those 3 teams are never fully healthy, and the only time one of those teams was fully healthy was during a 3 month covid shutdown. Can’t bank on another shutdown to rescue a team again.

My way too early West standings.

Nuggets
Clippers
Warriors
Pelicans
Suns
Memphis
Mavs
Lakers/Blazers

anthg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.