2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bulls adding Drummond and, possibly Gallinari does nothing for me. 6-8 seed and another first round exit. And Zach isn't re-signed yet either. Disappointed in AK and Eversley.

Sometimes these owners play themselves though. Bradley Beal just signed a deal where he’s getting paid $50 million anually. He’s a good player. But he’s not someone who puts butts in the seats like a Lebron, Durant, or Curry. They’re going to regret that deal at some point, but they willingly chose to make it.

I’m expecting the owners to address all that “player empowerment” stuff during the next cba negotiations. But at the same time, what can they really do. Also I’m not sure if all 30 owners are in collective agreement on this one when some teams/markets benefit from these players wanting out. Smaller markers who generally are on the receiving end of not being able to keep their stars and bigger markets who are usually attractive destinations for said stars may have different views on it.

But outside of all all 30 owners agreeing to not trade for guys trying to force their way out after signing max deals and being unified on that end, or implementing contract language to deter things, it’s hard to see what they can really do unless they’re willing to miss a bunch of games during a lockout and drag it out to the point where the nbapa eventually caves on things and the guys who aren’t making the huge crazy money start getting restless.
Yea, but owners make the Brad Beal mistake because of the Super Max. There’s not really much you can do because you either max Beal or he goes out and get it elsewhere.

Owners are going to win because the players aren’t trying to miss checks at the end of the day. Even the baseball guys caved in this year, which was unprecedented given their lockout history. Happy I’m not the guy who has to figure out what to do, but observable reality makes me believe that the owners will figured out something in the near term at least, that better serves their interests of being able to keep these guys in their cities longer and putting butts in seats. It might backfire on them in the long run, like shortening these deals have done (but can’t discount the salary cap jumping and making the money bigger than it ever has been and watching it continue to grow).

gotta be some type of trash to put your hands on woman.
Guess he can focus on those struggle raps full time now.

Lebron really about the miss the playoffs two years in a row with these trash signings, smh.

And **** Miles Bridges

Y’all really on Durants head like that damb

Nvm, the offer can't be 7 then. I know they can offer up to 10 mil due to early bird but they might be lowballin' the kid

Get that bag GP2

yup, I was saying enjoy the warriors squad while you can. Seemed unlikely they were all gonna be back

Hopefully they can keep Otto and looney

B771F1E5-267B-4606-824A-FC6E62E4ED37.jpeg

finessence finessence

Yea, but owners make the Brad Beal mistake because of the Super Max. There’s not really much you can do because you either max Beal or he goes out and get it elsewhere.

Owners are going to win because the players aren’t trying to miss checks at the end of the day. Even the baseball guys caved in this year, which was unprecedented given their lockout history. Happy I’m not the guy who has to figure out what to do, but observable reality makes me believe that the owners will figured out something in the near term at least, that better serves their interests of being able to keep these guys in their cities longer and putting butts in seats. It might backfire on them in the long run, like shortening these deals have done (but can’t discount the salary cap jumping and making the money bigger than it ever has been and watching it continue to grow).

Personally in my opinion in a situation like the Wizards position, it makes more sense to just let him walk. Injuries or no injuries, their ceiling is likely the play in game. If that’s your ceiling, it’s not practical to commit 50 million annually unless you have a top 5 guy you can legitimately build around and win games with and that’s a marquee name which will fill the arena up nightly.

I do agree with them playing the long game part though in any potential CBA agreements. But part of it is ultimately them doing things to protect them from themselves and their own bad decisions. It’s a players league. But some of these gm’s and organizations need to learn how to tell star players no during negotiations and not let them run the show and have credentials to where it’s justified.

I look at the Nets situation. They did a very good job building a good culture and cleaning up the mess Billy King made to where they became a desirable destination for free agents in the summer of 2019. They were a legit feel good story. But I’ll say they didn’t have the infrastructure in place to deal with superstar personalities and egos to where everything they built which made them an attractive destination in the first place was torn down within a year.

Yeah, Kyrie and KD have had personalities to where it seems like everywhere they’ve gone they managed to end up unhappy. The Nets pretty much gave them full control of that franchise and they still ended up unhappy along with Harden who forced his way out.

There’s more to keeping top talent happy then just giving them free reign over the franchise imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom