2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unprecedented level of stars being able to collect the bag and then force a trade immediately. Super maxes obviously were a huge fail from the owner’s perspective too.

Sometimes these owners play themselves though. Bradley Beal just signed a deal where he’s getting paid $50 million anually. He’s a good player. But he’s not someone who puts butts in the seats like a Lebron, Durant, or Curry. They’re going to regret that deal at some point, but they willingly chose to make it.

I’m expecting the owners to address all that “player empowerment” stuff during the next cba negotiations. But at the same time, what can they really do. Also I’m not sure if all 30 owners are in collective agreement on this one when some teams/markets benefit from these players wanting out. Smaller markers who generally are on the receiving end of not being able to keep their stars and bigger markets who are usually attractive destinations for said stars may have different views on it.

But outside of all all 30 owners agreeing to not trade for guys trying to force their way out after signing max deals and being unified on that end, or implementing contract language to deter things, it’s hard to see what they can really do unless they’re willing to miss a bunch of games during a lockout and drag it out to the point where the nbapa eventually caves on things and the guys who aren’t making the huge crazy money start getting restless.

Don’t think this has anything to do with GSW. This a big FU to Brooklyn. They violated in some way.

KAI basically convinced KD to go to BK.

BK then pays KD to sit an entire year to rehab. IIRC, KD was pretty much ready to come back towards end of 1st year but Nets decided to keep him out til year 2.

So you can pay the man that I delivered to your doorstep a supermax yet have him sit for a year and then on top of it, give him an extension a couple years later despite his injury history.... but you want to dangle a contract filled with incentives for me despite 50/40/90 and elite play when available?

I'd be offended if I were Kyrie too.

Don't say the issue is availability when KD himself hasn't been available as evidenced by the tweet someone posted about Durant only playing in 106 games while earning 119 million. :lol:

Sometimes these owners play themselves though. Bradley Beal just signed a deal where he’s getting paid $50 million anually. He’s a good player. But he’s not someone who puts butts in the seats like a Lebron, Durant, or Curry. They’re going to regret that deal at some point, but they willingly chose to make it.

I’m expecting the owners to address all that “player empowerment” stuff during the next cba negotiations. But at the same time, what can they really do. Also I’m not sure if all 30 owners are in collective agreement on this one when some teams/markets benefit from these players wanting out. Smaller markers who generally are on the receiving end of not being able to keep their stars and bigger markets who are usually attractive destinations for said stars may have different views on it.

But outside of all all 30 owners agreeing to not trade for guys trying to force their way out after signing max deals and being unified on that end, or implementing contract language to deter things, it’s hard to see what they can really do unless they’re willing to miss a bunch of games during a lockout and drag it out to the point where the nbapa eventually caves on things and the guys who aren’t making the huge crazy money start getting restless.

1000% agree with all of this.

The Decision, Kawhii to Clips, KD & Kyrie to Nets, Bron to LAL, KD to GSW, etc.... all generate tremendous buzz aka revenue for all parties involved.

Nets imploding :pimp:
Javale the best backup big getting checks :pimp:
Big Tate getting money :pimp:
Morey trying to make the Philly Rockets, with everybody 5 years older :rofl: :rofl: :pimp:
Lakers signing Klutch Puppets for Lebron to blame [again] :rofl: :pimp:
DeAndre Jordan still being on a roster :sick:>D

kd & kyrie are dumb to think they are a package deal and they can play together on another team... kd has no leverage at all since he has a 4 year contract lol... and nobody wants to trade for kyrie

If this was the NFL, Miles would likely be able to get past this, but nobody is going to touch him now for a big bag.

Nvm, the offer can't be 7 then. I know they can offer up to 10 mil due to early bird but they might be lowballin' the kid

Get that bag GP2

Just finished Sopranos last week so I remember this scene/storyline :pimp:

My lucks gonna change!

AE9B5701-3FD6-4531-9DA1-9AC40F3EADF0.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom