2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta respect Embiid's candidness, but the chapter with Simmons as his teammate seems to be imminently over.

This almost reminds me of the Harden drama from the beginning of the year last season. We kept hearing chirps of trade scenarios, and Harden eventually suited up for Houston. Homie took matters into his own hands and publicly expressed his disinterest to play for Houston. Get's traded within <36 hours.

I have a feeling we'll see something similar transpire. Not to excoriate Simmons, but he's made his bed, and the longer Morey holds out, the less he'll get back in return for him. Look at what the Rockets got back for Harden--Nothing :emoji_laughing:

That’s more Klutch than maxey tho. He wants to have the events, Klutch telling him no because of how the Sixers are treating -name redacted-. Maxey more than likely becomes the new starter and flourishes.

better chance Maxey ends up getting Maxey after his rookie contract than -name redacted- getting maxed again
Based on Joel’s latest tweet I’m leaning with that and that the reporter is making this **** up for clicks. We’ll see

Gotta respect Embiid's candidness, but the chapter with Simmons as his teammate seems to be imminently over.

This almost reminds me of the Harden drama from the beginning of the year last season. We kept hearing chirps of trade scenarios, and Harden eventually suited up for Houston. Homie took matters into his own hands and publicly expressed his disinterest to play for Houston. Get's traded within <36 hours.

I have a feeling we'll see something similar.
We might not be able to tell the difference between Simmons caring and not caring out there.

Bagley isn’t good and considering the Kings have 3 capable starting guards I think they should consider it. For as bad as Simmons is…

Also willing to bet Simmons is gonna come out shooting for w.e team he plays for. Not because he’s capable but more so out of spite.

**** it I’m Team Ben Simmons he’s got that chip now.

The two most polarizing athletes in recent Philly memory (Wentz and Simmons) about to get replaced by two beloved guys (Hurts and Maxey)

We might not be able to tell the difference between Simmons caring and not caring out there.

He's def a hard read during these press conferences. For someone who's terrified to shoot in big moments, he seems to keep his composure when he's asked tough questions. Wonder why he can't apply that on the court

Bagley isn’t good and considering the Kings have 3 capable starting guards I think they should consider it. For as bad as Simmons is…

Also willing to bet Simmons is gonna come out shooting for w.e team he plays for. Not because he’s capable but more so out of spite.

It's the new synonymous sentiment you see with these new gen NBA players. Seemingly, the catalyst of what they do is driven by spite.

What? How exactly does he have a “chip” now?

because he didn’t improve year over year? Because he didn’t work the team provided shooting coaches year over year? Because he was one of the sole reasons we lost a very winnable series against the Hawks? And now he feels like he has been wronged?

“**** it I’m team Ben Simmons now”. Maaaannnn y’all funny

Not bad enough to be considered filler, but not good enough to be considered an asset. Mediocrity really does stink

he’s a healthy season away from making $20Ms. Obviously it looks bad considering who he was picked ahead of but he’s got some 20/10 seasons in his future. He’s just not a 4 in 2021

What? How exactly does he have a “chip” now?

because he didn’t improve year over year? Because he didn’t work the team provided shooting coaches year over year? Because he was one of the sole reasons we lost a very winnable series against the Hawks? And now he feels like he has been wronged?

“**** it I’m team Ben Simmons now”. Maaaannnn y’all funny

I think he was trying to get at everyone dogging him publicly. Up until now, he was ducking all the criticism. Sure, some folks saw this coming, we all saw the videos and soundbites.

But it hasn't got this out of hand, so publicly before. NBA players have huge egos, even if they're in the wrong. So, I understand this "chip" he was referring to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom