2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

:rofl: Kuz and Green for V.O.? Nah!
Shannon wants Buddy for Kuz on TV :lol: better off getting pieces from Cleveland or Charlotte. Kuz at best a bench player or some mild star in the East.

NBA Bubble was a huge success. I had my private doubts but if the league's biggest challenges were Lou Will's wings trip and Danuel Casa caught stepping out on his lady, you call that a major PR win.

The basketball was relatively good, tons of scoring and shooting. Can think of numerous memorable moments off top of the dome. "Spida" vs. Murray battle. Lukita emerging into superstar territory. Lu Dort and OKC pushing H-Town to the brink. MIA shocking the East even before "Freak" got injured. Heat and Nuggs definitely trending upward. Even more so if Pat Riley can add Giannis or Beal. I believe Millsap's contract comes off the books for Denver. Even though he's a turnstile on defense, MAGA Porter will continue to improve offensively. Celts vs. Raps was a dogfight series, OG's brazy buzzer beater. Clips imploding with double-digit leads repeatedly.

Get the feeling NBA will return mid-January or later. Adam Silver gotta hope the vaccine rumors by year end are true. Maybe get fans back in around 25%-33% capacity. I know the league wants to play the full 82 games, but don't see that being realistic with a late start plus Tokyo Olympics looming.

3DF8CF37-E4A6-44D4-B316-AD462F7D87BE.jpeg

And that is why the Clippers need a point guard-leader type.

I maintain that Pat Bev could be good enough. The numbers back up that the Clippers were really good when he played significant minutes. But the guy just can’t stay on the floor. He’s chronically injured and if he plays when he’s 100 percent healthy, he can’t stay out of foul trouble. That’s why I’m ready to move on from him; his lack of consistent availability. Not so much because he’s not a “real” PG.

When are they moving the Clippers to Seattle though?

Think Ballmer’s put to much money, time and effort into getting them their own place in LA for that to happen any time soon. But if 10-15 more years go by and they have nothing to show for it all, who knows?

Think Ballmer’s put to much money, time and effort into getting them their own place in LA for that to happen any time soon. But if 10-15 more years go by and they have nothing to show for it all, who knows?
Haha yeah I know he’s not gonna move the Clips... I’m sure in 10-15 years they’ll have a team?!?! Hopefully within 5. Whether it be expansion, or the Pels. I think they should expand to Seattle & Vegas, and move Memphis/New Orleans to the East.

Haha yeah I know he’s not gonna move the Clips... I’m sure in 10-15 years they’ll have a team?!?! Hopefully within 5. Whether it be expansion, or the Pels. I think they should expand to Seattle & Vegas, and move Memphis/New Orleans to the East.

I’d love to see a team in Seattle and hope whoever it is revives the Sonics name. I miss the Sonics.

Gotta trade Kemba

That would probably be terrible not only for optics, but he seems to be a locker room favorite. League wide he seems to be someone everyone likes. I don't think you can trade guys like that if you want to be a viable destination for future FA's. If anything give him a reduced role, build JB up and possibly trade Hayward if you can.

aren't the clips interested in derrick rose? not sure how they get it done

His name came up right after the Clippers lost to Denver, but I don’t think a team source was attached to it. So I’m not sure whether really looking at him or not. I kind of doubt it.

That would probably be terrible not only for optics, but he seems to be a locker room favorite. League wide he seems to be someone everyone likes. I don't think you can trade guys like that if you want to be a viable destination for future FA's. If anything give him a reduced role, build JB up and possibly trade Hayward if you can.

They had a good enough regular season and the chemistry seemed sufficiently improved that it seems like moving on from Kemba already would be an overreaction, especially if he wasn’t totally healthy in the bubble.

aren't the clips interested in derrick rose? not sure how they get it done
any contender would be interested in him
question is, if he is interested in playing for a contender ...and playing with whomever may be on that particular team

Sam Cassell finally getting the interview hes been waiting for for the last few weeks
mans shouldnt even show up, he aint getting that job

Back
Top Bottom