2019 NFL Discussion Thread: StaXX talking to himself

Should @Hahahaha be allowed byke?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s the Seahawks game plan though? Seems like they’re not trying to win now.... kam retired, lost Bennett , Avril, Sheldon Richardson, Sherman, j.kearse, jimmy graham, Paul Richardson, Luke willson

Feels like it’s just Russ and Wagner left.... if they pay Earl maybe they’re saying they’re not ready to give up yet but everything else feels like it’s a rebuild

What’s the Seahawks game plan though? Seems like they’re not trying to win now.... kam retired, lost Bennett , Avril, Sheldon Richardson, Sherman, j.kearse, jimmy graham, Paul Richardson, Luke willson

Feels like it’s just Russ and Wagner left.... if they pay Earl maybe they’re saying they’re not ready to give up yet but everything else feels like it’s a rebuild

They have all the leverage. I'm sure they wish Earl was back there, but they know they aren't stocked to make a big run right now so if Earl wants to sit out, so be it. I think they're just squeezing the lemon dry to see just how far Dallas is willing to go. Earl sitting out really only hurts Earl at this point so why not?

They have all the leverage. I'm sure they wish Earl was back there, but they know they aren't stocked to make a big run right now so if Earl wants to sit out, so be it. I think they're just squeezing the lemon dry to see just how far Dallas is willing to go. Earl sitting out really only hurts Earl at this point so why not?
Pretty much, they played his game knowing that they'd eventually win. He wasn't giving up 500K per week to let this drag out.

So good season or bad season the Seahawks are going to keep Earl until someone meets their asking price and if no one meets it their perfectly fine with it.

Pretty much, they played his game knowing that they'd eventually win. He wasn't giving up 500K per week to let this drag out.

So good season or bad season the Seahawks are going to keep Earl until someone meets their asking price and if no one meets it their perfectly fine with it.

I mean whats the asking price though? They were asking for a second, the Cowboys offered that, then they said "nawww, we need more."

I mean whats the asking price though? They were asking for a second, the Cowboys offered that, then the said "nawww, we need more."
The asking price was recently said to be a second and change, its the latter part that they don't want to give up and honestly shouldn't. Is what it is at this point, Dallas held strong and finally up'd the pick and Seattle still wanted more. IMO they should develop the guys they have and revisit this next summer if the seahawks don't offer him long term security.

Doesn’t make a lot of sense imo

Say nobody meets their asking price, you say they keep earl and are perfectly fine with it. Ok cool so they’ll go 7-9, miss playoffs, further sabotage their chances to do something special with Russ as his window closes. Russ is 29. This team even with Earl isn’t ready

Wateryewdoin Dallas??

Earl should've been brought in by camp if all it'll take is a 2nd...

Man it's Seattle. They're bugging. We met their terms, and they decided to up the ante.
**** it. We aren't winning this year so we might as well keep our picks and develop our guys.
Earl is 29.

Also it’s interesting Earl disabled all comments on his Instagram..... he posts a lot... everything he posts is obviously a strategy to mold how he’s viewed

But the fact he disabled all comments and some of his captions shows how sensitive he is

Regardless dude is a monster. He prob has 2 more good years

Say nobody meets their asking price, you say they keep earl and are perfectly fine with it. Ok cool so they’ll go 7-9, miss playoffs, further sabotage their chances to do something special with Russ as his window closes. Russ is 29. This team even with Earl isn’t ready

29 isn't old for quarterbacks. And in my opinion, Seattle is gonna push for the playoffs this season, but I digress...What Earl brings to the field is more valuable than a 2nd round pick, so if he reports then it's good for the Seahawks...If he doesn't, they probably just drag it out a bit longer and then pull the trigger on the trade.

Not sure why* a team would trade for Earl when they can have Reid without surrendering a pick. It's another reason why Earl is in a tough spot. Hell, Vaccaro is young and only recently signed with a team. The market just isn't there for safeties right now.

I know a reason, but I'm being willfully ignorant to make the point.

29 isn't old for quarterbacks. And in my opinion, Seattle is gonna push for the playoffs this season, but I digress...What Earl brings to the field is more valuable than a 2nd round pick, so if he reports then it's good for the Seahawks...If he doesn't, they probably just drag it out a bit longer and then pull the trigger on the trade.

That’s true...... I think hawks are looking at a 7-9 year though. Too many departures

Not sure why* a team would trade for Earl when they can have Reid without surrendering a pick. It's another reason why Earl is in a tough spot. Hell, Vaccaro is young and only recently signed with a team. The market just isn't there for safeties right now.

I know a reason, but I'm being willfully ignorant to make the point.

hell, could have both.. leave earl as the deep FS in coverage and throw reid as the SS

Having Earl changes things slightly. It could be way worse than having guys like Earl, KJ Wright and Wagner on you defense. There's some young bright spots on the unit too, but the biggest concern is the pass rush. They were really relying on Dion Jordan for Christs sake.

I mean they aren't trying to be bad but they aren't sweating the Earl situation because at the end of the day they knew he wasn't risking 500K per week.
They looked at it like we're going to compete either way, if he's here great if not we're still competing with who we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom