2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
Yeah I came in to say that.

It’s not leather.. it’s two different forms of Durabuck.

thats just it , when og durabuck was made Nike was able to contract that company to create different specified finishes dull or matte. even white Durabuck which is not even replicated these days, now that the original company no longer makes it im not sure if there is a material that could replicate the matte finished Durabuck. my only guess is that they would try to use leather but I feel that would not look correct since nowadays they cant even get real Durabuck only Nubuck or materials Nike decides to produce themselves which is close to Durabuck but still not the same texture or feel. maybe a material like the metallic 5s for the upper and a Motorsport 4 black leather for the heal portion might be as close as they could get but again leather isnt as smooth textured as that matte Durabuck was and this would only be a replicated look. after time that leather will look like crap compared to real matte durabuck

They had it at the latest that I know of on the DMP VI’s. Long after the OG’s.

Or do you mean after that?

thats just it , when og durabuck was made Nike was able to contract that company to create different specified finishes dull or matte. even white Durabuck which is not even replicated these days, now that the original company no longer makes it im not sure if there is a material that could replicate the matte finished Durabuck. my only guess is that they would try to use leather but I feel that would not look correct since nowadays they cant even get real Durabuck only Nubuck or materials Nike decides to produce themselves which is close to Durabuck but still not the same texture or feel. maybe a material like the metallic 5s for the upper and a Motorsport 4 black leather for the heal portion might be as close as they could get but again leather isnt as smooth textured as that matte Durabuck was and this would only be a replicated look. after time that leather will look like crap compared to real matte durabuck
Nike has been making their own since 1999. Many shoes since then have it. The 99 4s have white Durabuck, and many others to this day. It’s close enough in many ways, and it lasts longer too. The 2000 Infrared and dmp have a matted heel.

Also, the Motorsport 4 is a thick genuine tumbled leather. A lot in the thread have said that they’d hate that it were on the retro. The contrast would be too obvious. The 1991 is a full synthetic shoe. Putting genuine leather on the heel and nubuck Durabuck on the upper would look pretty weird. I believe the material on some 8s this year is close to the 1991 heel material; it feels like leather/rubber, yet has the grey edges and resembles the nubuck like Durabuck. Despite that, it doesn’t look like Jordan brand is going for that 1991 look anyway, but it’s possible.

Last edited:
Lol no one in the thread is like that

I’m not speaking about anyone in the thread. They’re all Internet personalities. Who knows what their interests really are.

But what other reason would someone want there to be hype for? So it sells out and they strike out?

Only other reason I can really come up with is resell.

Unsure where the hype nonsense is coming from but I wouldn't even care if these sat like the 2016 metallics. I loved those and I love these and would buy 2 pairs regardless so long as these are done correctly.
2016 Metallic 5s sat?!? Lol where do you live?

I'm kinda excited about a pair of 6's for the first time ever. Wasn't much into J's growing up, went from 3's to 12's, 13's, and 14's. I believe these were "Moon Shoes" at the time, at least by casual observers. I've grown to appreciate this model over the years but couldn't stand the Jumpman. Owned a few pairs over the years, but came and went. Came THIS close to getting the maroons a few years back but couldn't pull the trigger. Might have to grab these...

2016 Metallic 5s sat?!? Lol where do you live?
Michigan. Ann Arbor to be exact. Bought mine online during release day on ftl but I had friends tell me that they sat for a while here before finally selling out. I believe other places were the same as well if I remember the BM5 thread correctly.

So wAit a minute, what exactly is Durabuck? Is that the material that was used on the og Infrareds minus heel area, the toe and side panels of Bordeaux 7’s og, the original 8s, etc?

So wAit a minute, what exactly is Durabuck? Is that the material that was used on the og Infrareds minus heel area, the toe and side panels of Bordeaux 7’s og, the original 8s, etc?

No, durabuck was used all over the shoe. The heel area is more like a waxed durabuck.

Yes it’s synthetic suede. It was also used on the heel of the og black infrared 6 but the texture was smooth so it provided some contrast. That was either intentional or the unintended result of the heat molding technique that they used to form the heel area.

No, durabuck was used all over the shoe. The heel area is more like a waxed durabuck.

Ah I got cha. Man I loved that material. Wish JB would make em like that still. I alwsys wondered why when I bought the 2011 Bordeaux 7 that it had that fuzzy nubuck or whatever the hell it is instead of the durabuck like on the og. It seems like the black portions of the shoe are pretty close though, so it’s strange they wouldn’t make the grey areas like that also.

Yes it’s synthetic suede. It was also used on the heel of the og black infrared 6 but the texture was smooth so it provided some contrast. That was either intentional or the unintended result of the heat molding technique that they used to form the heel area.

Ah, I always thought that heel areA was just normal leather and that it was done intentionally. Whatever the case, I hope they can replicate it for this upcoming retro but probably too much to ask lol. If they can get the shape and profile correct with the right shade of Infrared lll be happy.

Back
Top Bottom