2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
Wore my first pair yesterday and I'm kinda regretting clearing my cart on the 3rd pair I was gonna grab :smh: in all honesty I'm gonna wear these more than a lot of the other shoes I have...

I did the exact same thing, had carted pairs at Footaction and Finishline and cleared them both since I had already copped on SNKRS and Footlocker. Figured 3-4 pairs would be too much since I'd probably never rock pairs 3 & 4.

With all the J's I have that I haven't even worn yet, it would take me 10+ years before I come close to beating up these 6's.

I did the exact same thing, had carted pairs at Footaction and Finishline and cleared them both since I had already copped on SNKRS and Footlocker. Figured 3-4 pairs would be too much since I'd probably never rock pairs 3 & 4.

With all the J's I have that I haven't even worn yet, it would take me 10+ years before I come close to beating up these 6's.
Unless it's a double, if I haven't worn a shoe in a year or so the chances of me wearing are slim. I tend to wear a pair of kicks not long after I get them and if I don't, it let's me know I'm not really feeling them as much as I thought I was when purchased. I'm gonna have to fix that 3rd pair mistake :lol:

It was common knowledge that Mike's 911 flatnose was the inspiration behind the AJ6. It's cool to see things like the spoiler and red brake light strip carry over as a heel tab. The roofline of the car matches the collar of the shoe. The ankle pillows representing the 911's hips. Even the windshield and hood line mirrors the shape of the shoe.

911-flatnose.jpg
ayyye

the side gills match the 3 lines embossed on the collar in front of the pillows

Tinker was smoking that good back in 1990 :pimp:

:angry: **** I need a good retro of those fire red Vs. Really hope they are coming next year but seems like more rumors say it's going to be the black tongue fire reds, which are cool but so not the same to me. :smh:

Reactions: ARK
:angry: **** I need a good retro of those fire red Vs. Really hope they are coming next year but seems like more rumors say it's going to be the black tongue fire reds, which are cool but so not the same to me. :smh:

I like the black tongues better myself but I’ll take either. I really wouldn’t mind Fire Red IV’s either, or Charcoal VII.

Instead of Nike Air on the back, next time they'll embroider Mike's license plate on there. Sad thing is, I wouldn't put something like that past good ol' Gentry.
Gentry ended your 5s lol, you already know.

Its funny you brought up the license plate, I was actually thinking about the porsche letters across the back and how it corresponded to the Nike Air. Then I started thinking about the 14s and Ferraris and how Tinker didnt quite nail it like the 6. Then I was like what if they made a 6 that went all in on the porsche motif and had it say NIKE within the red bar on the heel tab instead of the heel. What if the red bar was reflective?

This porsche thing is fascinating

I just returned both pairs. I can't get
Past the scratched toe box. It wasnt meant to be for me. Congrats to all who got perfect pairs. Looks like I'll have to buy something else with the $438

Not mad at your decision there bro...When I got my imperfect pair, I was really frustrated and then tonytobacco tonytobacco (who, some of y'all got mad at....and I didn't quite see why)suggested that I iron the toe box on mine as they were factory wrinkled and indented....It worked for my pair and calmed my nerves, so I kept. But...Still haven't rocked. And are kind of stuffed on the farthest stack in the corner of the closet....so who knows when they'll see the light. But, I feel you on the "not meant to be for me"....

With my own flawed pair and the many others we've seen, I didn't feel as drawn to them as I did initially. So, hold out hope though....You might see a perfect pair and it'll re-stoke that fire.

ok here is a pic of my 2 jordan boxes, top one is from villa (just got it like 20 min ago) and bottom box is from nike.

any1 see a difference?

edited-image_zpshlmtkne8.png

Last edited:
Christmas 1991, my mom & brother pull a christmas miracle. I was in 5th grade & my brother was in 8th. Jordans always seemed unattainable up till that point. But that year my brother did some voodoo on our mom & convinced her to get us a pair of jordans, I think he used a tea cup & spoon. Anyways, He got the blk Infrared & I got the white. Had no idea untill I opened the box. So for that I had to cop him a pair for old times sake.

20190227_103306.jpg

20190227_102750-1.jpg

Top Pair Champs. Bottom 2 FTL.

Edit: Trying this again. Wanted to share some quick shots I took of my pair
\

Great story up there and mad props for copping a pair for your bro! Way to repay with the equivalent reward....truly awesome!

This infrared is kinda crazy to me....Am I the only one that sees the pic of the pairs on the bed as Infrared but the second set of pics as having a massive tint of (infra)orange??

I just returned both pairs. I can't get
Past the scratched toe box. It wasnt meant to be for me. Congrats to all who got perfect pairs. Looks like I'll have to buy something else with the $438

I feel like in 10 yrs this is gonna be one of those kicks ppl gonna regret big time not having at least one pair. I definitely need a double up but I’ll keep an eye for a restock cuz I need to be able to return if it’s a defective pair

Gentry ended your 5s lol, you already know.

Its funny you brought up the license plate, I was actually thinking about the porsche letters across the back and how it corresponded to the Nike Air. Then I started thinking about the 14s and Ferraris and how Tinker didnt quite nail it like the 6. Then I was like what if they made a 6 that went all in on the porsche motif and had it say NIKE within the red bar on the heel tab instead of the heel. What if the red bar was reflective?

This porsche thing is fascinating
Yeah, probably will never get my Vs the way I want them. I want to wear them with a golf shirt and casual shorts like MJ in that old Coke tree house commercial :rofl:

Next time they do the 6s, the should collab with Porsche and put the Porsche crest on the front of the hood, I mean the toe box. Go all the way , Gentry, go all the way.

\

Great story up there and mad props for copping a pair for your bro! Way to repay with the equivalent reward....truly awesome!

This infrared is kinda crazy to me....Am I the only one that sees the pic of the pairs on the bed as Infrared but the second set of pics as having a massive tint of (infra)orange??
Yea, the camera be playin tricks. I pick up true color best when I open the blinds & use the sunlight. Otherwise its off color. A good way to test if your camera is picking up true color is to point the camera over your shoes & instead of taking the picture, look at the color of the shoes vs the color on the screen.

I just returned a pair of these to a store near my office and they couldn't believe it. They said I am the only person to return them to the store. I got 2 pairs and the one I returned had ridges on the toe box. I kept the nicer pair. Someone bought them immediately after I got my refund receipt. No need for the double on this one since I have 2014s also. Guy that bought them had a huge smile on his face.

Back
Top Bottom