2017 YANKEES SEASON THREAD VOL: All downhill from here

Congrats y’all. I was celebrating yesterday for my team landing Ohtani and now y’all can celebrate getting Stanton. What a deadly back to back with him and Judge.

What are we giving up? I like Stanton but we already have him in RF and that's a huge contract. Pitching is our biggest problem and I don't want to give up mad young talent.

I'll be sad to see Castro go, who else?

What are we giving up? I like Stanton but we already have him in RF and that's a huge contract. Pitching is our biggest problem and I don't want to give up mad young talent.

I'll be sad to see Castro go, who else?

Supposedly Castro and prospects but the prospects aren’t even top tier according to what I’m reading on twitter.

Feels good, bros
InShot_20171209_085348413_preview.jpeg

If it ain't good prospects, then I'm on board. It ain't my money and they're worth billions. Get it done. Stanton and Judge, that's a lot of HRs in the Bronx

We couldn't get rid of Ellsbury or Gardner?!?! SMH

Castro + anyone except Torres, Adams, Sheffield, or Florial is a steal for us

I'm assuming we'll keep Gleyber in AAA for a few weeks like the Cubs did with Kris Bryant?

Trade isn't official yet but man...Judge, Stanton, Sanchez, Bird, Didi.... :sick:

Castro + anyone except Torres, Adams, Sheffield, or Florial is a steal for us

I'm assuming we'll keep Gleyber in AAA for a few weeks like the Cubs did with Kris Bryant?

Trade isn't official yet but man...Judge, Stanton, Sanchez, Bird, Didi.... :sick:

I'm thinking Castro + Andujar + ?

Lose out on Ohtani but get Stanton.

Judge and Stanton back to back in the lineup. :sick::pimp:

I’m in Miami I can’t stop laughing in the faces of all my boys who are marlins fan. :lol:

Jeter is still the goat :pimp:

For this year:
I think this honestly takes a Betances trade off the radar.. Because we're not going to trade Betances to get a 3B who will hit 7th, 8th or 9th in the order, or a SP who will be 4th or 5th in the rotation.

Also with adding Stanton's money, and only trading out half of it in Castro, it becomes a cost-benefit analysis.. Can you get a player that costs $4mil or less (What Betances will probably get in arbitration) for Betances. The answer is likely no.

I think Torreyes will start the season at 2B. Have to let Torres get back in the swing of things because he missed half the season with TJ surgery.

Don't think we'll be serious bidders on Todd Fraizer, it'd have to be a steal in terms of money.

I also think that we won't have the money to go out and get pitching. The bullpen is fine, so no need to really make any upgrade there. And with Sevy, Tanaka, Gray as 1-3.. It only leaves 4 & 5 in the air.... Not going to be making any bids on Yu, just can't afford it.. What I think happens is they sign CC to a 2 year deal, and how I think it will end up is that they will give a buy-out in year 2, to get to paying CC a higher amount in year 1. Something like 2 year / $15mil... With a $5mil buyout for year 2. So essentially you're giving CC a 1 year / $12.5mil deal. Then with the # 5, it'll be Montgomery, Green & Chance Adams going for the last spot.

Gardner, Sanchez, Judge, Stanton, Didi, Bird, Hicks, Headley, Torreyes.... That's the likely lineup opening day.

I think we'll eat the whole year of Ellsbury this year and he'll be on the bench. Then he'll have 2 year / $42mil left and a $5mil buyout of a 3rd year. They'll likely end up eating 2/3 of Ellsbury's remaining money if they can get Ellsbury to waive his NTC. If he doesn't play much this year, he probably will.

One of Gardner, Hicks & Clint Fraizer will get traded sometime in the next 12 months (Gardner's deal is up after the season).

I think we probably won't be making a bid on Harper or Machado next season. Or we'll make a bid but won't get into a bidding war

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom