2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
impossible cavs have a deep bench. This will be closer than ppl think.
Relative to the warriors they don't...or they shouldn't.

Channing Frye can't play, Kyle Korver may not be able to play either, Iman Shumpert is averaging a whopping 5ppg for the playoffs right now, Same thing for Deron Williams,

Where is this depth?

Right?

Like that's why Y'all (not you or any one person in particular ) are to blame for this superteam miami cleveland Golden state ****. This goddamn Ringzzz Culture.

In my opinion, the constant **** storm players have to parlay through now in regards to whether or not they win has played a huge part in this ring culture. We legit would have devalued LBJ and KD's careers if they stayed in OKC and in Cleveland and didn't win and because of the hyperactive nature of Today's media, that devaluing would have been 10 times worse. This First Take culture has been like gasoline to Free Agency and what not.

And I get it. The league has always been top heavy, but the way in which it's best players have moved and ultimately shaped the landscape of the league in such a short timespan hasn't been done before and Ringzzz and first take culture is a huge blame for this.

It really is damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Ditto. That's why I don't mind guys making a change if they feel like they have too. A lot of these veterans that have been dumping on KD and Lebron are the same ones that wished they had left there teams sooner. Some guys like to enjoy both their money and success while still in their prime, instead of at the back end of their careers as their organization are about to ship them out for a 2nd round pick and a bag of Fritos.

MJ: 6-0

Kareem: 6-4

Magic: 5-4

Kobe: 5-2

Duncan: 5-1

Shaq: 4-2

Bron: 3-4 (soon to be 3-5)

If anything Bron is elevated above a lot of players that have far better records in the Finals (with comparable numbers of appearances).

If anything Bron is elevated above a lot of players that have far better records in the Finals (with comparable numbers of appearances).
So how many games you think it will take GSW to beat CLE this year?

And if Bron finishes his career 6-4, 6-5, or 7-5 in the Finals, does he elevate his stock among the all-time greats?

Last edited:

I was really speaking to the performances in the finals, not the actually records. Everyone brings up the 2011 finals when Bron choked but I rarely hear about magic's choke job in 84.

DAYp7_DXsAMe9MD.jpg

Ditto. That's why I don't mind guys making a change if they feel like they have too. A lot of these veterans that have been dumping on KD and Lebron are the same ones that wished they had left there teams sooner. Some guys like to enjoy both their money and success while still in their prime, instead of at the back end of their careers as their organization are about to ship them out for a 2nd round pick and a bag of Fritos.
Well I mean, those vets didn't face this media scrutiny on the level that players of today did IMO

If they did, you never know how that would have affected history. These players are human. Zeke himself has said that he would have welcomed Jordan with open arms.

If this first take culture was back then, a lot more of these guys wouldn't have been so "competitive" and "Stuck it out"

I was really speaking to the performances in the finals, not the actually records. Everyone brings up the 2011 finals when Bron choked but I rarely hear about magic's choke job in 84.
You aren't listening to the right people then. Tragic Magic and the Memorial Day Massacre are brought up every year, Magic himself speaks on them pretty frequently and how it fueled him to come back more hungry. 

Off topic, but why is Bron's finals failures held against him and not magic?
They are. It's why he's not on MJ's level either. But at the very least he's won more than he's lost there. Never heard of Tragic Magic?

Man, no. Lakers fans aside, Magic appeared in his last FInals at the tail end of the 80's era. The 1980's, bro... Some of us where born by that time, even fewer were born before that time when they were old enough to where they were cognizant enough to even remember those times. And I mean, seriously remember, to where a compare and contrast is a legitimate juxtapostion and not just historical figure vs. historical figure. That doesn't mean it may not be true, but for real; I think a large majority of NT even vaguely remembers Jordan's dominance (Maybe 50/50 now?) outside of knowing that's the guy all their friends would talk about because how much he was talked about when Sportscenter was still a real one.

I almost forgot where I was going with this. :lol:

But, this is why greatness will always have a few drops of subjectivity. Here and now doesn't relate to historically until those times are gone and you reminisce. It's hard to do.

Last edited:
Based on Highlights, it looked like Magic got a bag for that tragic johnson joint.

Dude dribbled the ball out lol

You aren't listening to the right people then. Tragic Magic and the Memorial Day Massacre are brought up every year, Magic himself speaks on them pretty frequently and how it fueled him to come back more hungry. 
The Memorial Day Massacre was during the '85 Finals though, the Lakers won that series 
laugh.gif

The "tragic magic" mishap happened when Maxwell stole the ball from Magic in Game 7 of the '84 Finals, which LAL lost in Boston and "fueled him to come back more hungry" the next year.

Then came the Memorial Day Massacre in Game 1 of the '85 Finals the next year and from that point forward, the Celtics could no longer touch the Lakers.

It's okay though, you probably didn't watch that series live as it happened.

Last edited:
I still can't believe LeBron winning 3 playoff rounds then losing to a better team is held against him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom