2017 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD VOL. ZERO RB IS STILL KING

Anybody still holding on to Pryor? I'm benching him this week but im thinking of dropping him for either Powell or Sterling Shepard.

Standard scoring...Offered up CJ Anderson for Michael Thomas...dude declined and countered with Gurley for Thomas.

My RBs- Bell, Gurley, CJ Anderson, Carson, Donta foreman
My WRs- TY, Devante Adams, Golladay, Hurns, JJ Nelson

Kinda leaning towards keeping Gurley, but I feel like I need another WR. Other guy has like no RBs (forte, Dion Lewis, mixon, and Lacy :lol:) Was thinking maybe packaging someone else up with gurley and asking for Thomas and Mixon...

Thoughts?

AgentZero AgentZero I'd say it just depends on what you're going for with this roster spot.

Vereen probably is more "safe" to be able to use if you plan on starting him ever while Smallwood will essentially be a lotto ticket just in case he seizes the starting job.

Blount doesn't seem like he's untouchable as the RB1 for them so there figures to be an "opportunity" for Smallwood to step up in wake of Sproles going down but at same time, it's very possible Smallwood ends up doing nothing.

Basically just ask yourself if you can live without Vereen in case Smallwood doesn't pan out.

My gut says unless you're in some crazy 14-18 team league, you shouldn't really ever have to use Vereen so it makes sense to stash Smallwood just in case he blows up.

Yeah it's a deep league. Still one of my last options, but might get thrown in during a bye week or if I suffer some injuries.

You're right, Smallwood makes more sense considering he's splitting touches with one back as opposed to two others on the Giants.

I got offered Gillislee and Doug Martin for Alshon

Or Sammy straight up. He’s also putting up Crowell as tradeable.

I want to counter with RB + Sammy.

My WR: Alshon, OBJ, Jordy, Marvin Jones, Kearse

RB: CJ, Duke Johnson, Blount

I need a RB for sure. What trade would you guys suggest?

I got offered Gillislee and Doug Martin for Alshon

Or Sammy straight up. He’s also putting up Crowell as tradeable.

I want to counter with RB + Sammy.

My WR: Alshon, OBJ, Jordy, Marvin Jones, Kearse

RB: CJ, Duke Johnson, Blount

I need a RB for sure. What trade would you guys suggest?
Take that and run

Martin and Gillislee? Or RB+Sammy?

Edit: it’s a half point ppr. I may convince a Martin or Gillislee+ Sammy trade

Edit 2: nvm now he was saying he meant Doug Gill or Sammy straight for Jefferey. Even though he typed out plus loud and clear. Saying he’d do two for Jordy though.

Would you guys still take Martin or Gillislee for Alshon? Trade Jordy for two of em?

Last edited:
Go Get Rawls or to not go get Rawls. Feels like if Procise is out of the equation he'll have as good of a chance as any to try to retain some carries. And I still believe. Can't believe the snap count from last weekend, shocked that that happened this soon into the season.

Already heard some feedback in here the other day but need more opinions on if getting Gurley for Shady straight up is the right move to do.

I do feel a lot more bullish on Gurley for ROS but still thinking Shady is bound to start doing work soon. But like the requirement of being a Shady owner, I am always paranoid he's gonna get and stay hurt.

Already heard some feedback in here the other day but need more opinions on if getting Gurley for Shady straight up is the right move to do.

I do feel a lot more bullish on Gurley for ROS but still thinking Shady is bound to start doing work soon. But like the requirement of being a Shady owner, I am always paranoid he's gonna get and stay hurt.

I think getting Gurley for Shady is a steal on your part. I'm sorry, but I DON'T trust Shady. Dude can't stay healthy and that will cost you. Gurley might be on a sus offense BUT he's the focal point and you know he'll get a TON of carries and targets in the passing game as well this year.

John00 John00 Yea, I figure even if the Rams are still gonna be a meh team that McVay has shown he's set up a much better offense to let Gurley flourish and also the Rams just having a better roster this year compared to last year.

I owned Gurley last year and main thing I notice this year so far is that he's getting a good share of passing targets whereas last year he never caught the ball.

SMH at Shady getting like 10-20 rushing yards the last 2 games, what in the hell?

So is this a no brainer "take it and run" on getting Gurley for Shady?

I actually was offered this package after week 1 that I'm thinking I done goofed not accepting (hindsight is 20/20):
Gurley/Gronk/Devante Parker for Shady/Keenan Allen

Remember it was just after week 1 and Devante hadn't played a game yet so I was a little skeptical on this package.

But now the offer is just Gurley for Shady straight up.

I think getting Gurley for Shady is a steal on your part. I'm sorry, but I DON'T trust Shady. Dude can't stay healthy and that will cost you. Gurley might be on a sus offense BUT he's the focal point and you know he'll get a TON of carries and targets in the passing game as well this year.

suavamente suavamente do you think Gurley is relatively "matchup proof"?

He's got a tough schedule "on paper' the next few games and arguably ROS which is why I think Gurley owner wants to trade him.

The way their offense is set up is perfect for him... people look at games vs Seattle and think they're a bad matchup when teams been running over them this season

he's pretty matchup proof... mccoy is a stud but they give it to tolbert alot in the red zone

Idk bout GB short week, theyre already hurting on the defensive side.

Philly may be the best option of that group. Also divisonal games are always tough matchups offensively it seems so Minn might not be a bad play

Im considering Titans and 9ers right now.

I’m taking a chance on GB
Screen Shot 2017-09-28 at 1.35.39 AM.png

Here is the actual top of the DEF available to me. GB was intriguing but they aren't getting any points. Houston is another interesting one but you never know which Titans team is showing up to play. Divisional game though so it might be worth a shot. They were able to get pressure and points against NE last week even though they gave up so many points in the actual game.

suavamente suavamente I'm leaning towards that way too.

I think for Shady, they do let the backup RB's vulture his red zone touches like they're scared Shady's gonna get mangled on goal line situations it seems.

It's only been 3 games this year and they haven't scored much but I do recall last season, Gislislee vultured a fair share of RZ TD's from Shady.

I'm also just worried about Bills being so trash this year that Shady may be marginalized b/c of them most likely trailing big in most games and therefore they have to abandon the run game and Tyrod starts playing "hero ball"

The way their offense is set up is perfect for him... people look at games vs Seattle and think they're a bad matchup when teams been running over them this season

he's pretty matchup proof... mccoy is a stud but they give it to tolbert alot in the red zone

Screen Shot 2017-09-28 at 1.35.39 AM.png

Here is the actual top of the DEF available to me. GB was intriguing but they aren't getting any points. Houston is another interesting one but you never know which Titans team is showing up to play. Divisional game though so it might be worth a shot. They were able to get pressure and points against NE last week even though they gave up so many points in the actual game.

Grab Philly

Back
Top Bottom