2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

mean.gif

We can agree to disagree.
Let's pray for this man. He must be going' thru it for real/// :smh:

+

Sad to see both Floridian teams not in the postseason, for this upcoming season. Pat Riley should rebuild and tank for the lottery. Start over and begin a new era in Miami. I can see Erik Spo leaving and or resigning. Just start all over from scratch, Pat.

:lol: That roster before this bad news smelled like a rebuild no matter how much they spun it down there. Miami is gonna stink this season.

I agree bro, it's time to hit that roster with a wrecking ball, which is why Riles was pushing for Bosh to retire so they wouldn't be on the hook for that max deal anymore.

At the end of the day, it's a business. Everyone is replaceable.

Yeah man. So true. Now those seats will be real empty :lol:

I think Miami has too many decent players to outright be terrible unless they all get injured or sit out on purpose.

:stoneface:

View media item 2175948
Where you see all these decent players at?

With Bosh out that's the worst roster in the league outside of the Nets

Thank you. I hope Pmatic was trolling with that comment...

*Wipes tears from cheek* |I

Kevin Garnett means alot to me. My favorite player of all-time besides Michael Jordan. Grew up watching the Big Ticket play. Just embodies effort, work ethic and ultimate skill. The most skilled PF of all-time. Individually, the best ever. I mean, there's so much i can say about the legend. I don't want to see him go but he was done after the Nets blew up. Great to see him retire as a Timber wolf . Thank you for the memories, my man.

There is argument to be made he's been the most influential player to the NBA.

First player to come out of HS in the modern NBA, big man with guard skills, launched the 1998 NBA lockout, sparked "super teams".

First player to come out of HS in the modern NBA, big man with guard skills, launched the 1998 NBA lockout, sparked "super teams".
Man please.....

MJ > all

Last edited:

Where do you get this stuff from man :lol:

KG was my man back in the day. My room was full of so many posters from Slam magazine of him posterizing any and everybody.

Respect.

View media item 2175948
Where you see all these decent players at?

With Bosh out that's the worst roster in the league outside of the Nets

That list is missing a few players, but I get your point. You think the Heat will be terrible next season, but I actually agree with PMatic. Lets actually look at the players and not focus on hyperbole.

PG Goran Dragic - solid player and fringe all-star. Solid stats in 2nd half of last season and played well during Heat's last playoff run.

SG Dion Waiters - Contributor on a talented team last season. Could thrive in Heat culture if given opportunity, but could aslo be a disaster.

SF Justise Winslow - coming off a solid rookie campaign, very good defensively. Still will struggle offensively.

PF Derrick Williams - perhaps the weakest link in the starting 5, but could benefit from playing with another decent big like Whiteside.

C Hassan Whiteside - one of the best Centers in the league. Could be the best defensive player next season and another fringe all-star.

Key Bench players

Tyler Johnson - athletic, can shoot, and decent play maker and defender.
Josh Richardson - very athletic, can guard 3 positions, excellent shooter.

At the end of the day the Heat's starting 5 should be competitive in the East. They have a solid crop of young, versatile, bench players and have a coaching staff known to get the most out of and develop talent. They will not a sub-20 win team like you are making it out to be. I think they will hover around .500 and could slip into the 8th spot as a best case scenario.

Whenever you start waiters and Williams you have to worry, not just worry that you'll miss the playoffs but worry that you'll be atrocious

Not to mention they have no leader and no key productive veteran on the floor

If you want to say someone's speaking in hyperbole then put your money where your mouth is. Put up that $150

Last edited:
So long to KG, one of the most unique players of all-time. I loved watching him, even when he was being insane on the court.

eff kevin garnett. fakest tough guy that ever was. glad i won't be seeing him on the court any longer
agree somewhat. I enjoyed watching him play those years in Minnesota and in Boston. Nothing after that but his persona, his antics ehh, dude was a Clown..
One of my favorite moments was seeing Anthony peeler rock him with an elbow and seeing Kg b up.....
Way bigger fan of td. He was a g. Didn't need to talk or resort to nonsense, tough guy antics.

Last edited:
Whenever you start waiters and Williams you have to worry, not just worry that you'll miss the playoffs but worry that you'll be atrocious

Not to mention they have no leader and no key productive veteran on the floor

If you want to say someone's speaking in hyperbole then put your money where your mouth is. Put up that $150
I offered to put up money. The ones talking bout how trash the heat are stood quiet.

In reference to a few pages back, we all know Tim Duncan is > KG but to me...that's career based only. Not in skill or ability.

One can only imagine how epic KG would have been with Pop, Parker and Manu for 15 years smh

Back
Top Bottom