2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

CFB is really good. I admittedly don't follow it close enough to prtake in the conversation so i mostly lurk. Idk how some of those guys can be up to date with the #87 ranked high school Left Tackle in the state of Iowa. Way too amny schools/players for me too keep up.
laugh.gif
I apprecite the posts doe. It's basically my cheat sheet for following the season :
My thoughts exactly. I'm not a die-hard so I feel a little lost sometimes, but it's nice to have open and follow along on Saturdays. Most of the posters in there are pretty good.

:rofl:

Dude could easily be a cancer to a team if things are not going right

They said the same thing about JR until Lebron domesticated him

I find that hard to believe. When you look back, JR never had issues with anybody. He would ride with Iverson, Kenyon Martin, even followed Melo to NYC. Sure he would make bone headed plays, but I wouldn't call him a cancer.

Josh Smith on the other hand can be useful if he puts his head down and focus. He proved he can be effective in his first stint with Houston.

Just watched this pre-season highlight of Shaq and man...I miss the Shaq days. His presence on and off the court was appreciated. Especially during All Star games.

I find that hard to believe. When you look back, JR never had issues with anybody. He would ride with Iverson, Kenyon Martin, even followed Melo to NYC. Sure he would make bone headed plays, but I wouldn't call him a cancer.

I remember Chauncey Billups saying one time he had to save JR from Kenyon putting hands on him

"I've been working hard this off-season and I can't wait for the season to start to show everybody what I have been working on" - Giannis

:smokin

Idk, man. I went into the nfl thread one day and it was 4 pages of wrestling gifs/references
laugh.gif
mean.gif

The thread itself isn't too bady but it tends to get a lttle too circle jerky for my liking. This thread is a POS but at least we all hate each other equally
laugh.gif
Funniest thing I saw in the NFL thread was Antidope posting emojis and someone going at his neck immediately afterwards
roll.gif

The MLB thread is still the GOAT thread imo. It moves at a nice pace and there is very little trolling. CFB is really good. I admittedly don't follow it close enough to prtake in the conversation so i mostly lurk. Idk how some of those guys can be up to date with the #87 ranked high school Left Tackle in the state of Iowa. Way too amny schools/players for me too keep up.
laugh.gif
I apprecite the posts doe. It's basically my cheat sheet for following the season :
IDK what happened. It was one post. 

Shout out to Giannis though. Happy for that guy.

Last edited:
When did NBA Tickets go on sale? I missed the boat. These Spurs-Knicks resale prices....... Its like three times what I paid last year. 

Spurs Sixers may be my first courtside seat ever. A gift to myself for paying off my student loans. 

Last edited:
So your saying he'll do better?
I'm saying he will do worse

Man nba 2k did it again. Seems more realistic and not as cheap. Is that the general consensus? I'm talking human vs human play

Few patches needed IMO but damnit I wish me and my roommate weren't so busy so we could play more. We each take 15 teams and see who comes out on top

I wish me and my roommate weren't so busy so we could play more. We each take 15 teams and see who comes out on top
I miss college for this reason. Me and my roomates would play a madden franchise together all on one team. Someone would play QB, I would play FB (on run plays) and TE (pass plays). Someone would play RB, and the other would play WR. I'll never forget my rommate choking and costing us the superbowl 
mean.gif

We would do the same with 2k. Take some scrub FA's and form a team. I'd be killing out there with Darius Miles.

College days...
frown.gif
tired.gif

I'm saying he will do worse

Man nba 2k did it again. Seems more realistic and not as cheap. Is that the general consensus? I'm talking human vs human play

Few patches needed IMO but damnit I wish me and my roommate weren't so busy so we could play more. We each take 15 teams and see who comes out on top
You can't judge how cheesy a game is that hasn't been out a week.

Folks say this EVERY YEARS, during the first few weeks.

Give the cheesers by NOV. Game will be just as cheesy. Always is. Always will be.

Can't stop cheese in 2k. It's totally dependent on the user and how they choose to play the game.

We gonna have a media day thread? I think it's next week...thread always brings the laughs.

I haven't seen as much cheese in 2k so far. I'm sure there will be some jumpshot cheese as always or some crossover cheese, but if your on-ball skills are good it doesn't really matter.

I'll drop this in here and see how many people call me a homer by simply posting a link and not reading the full article: http://bealestreetbears.com/2016/09/15/comparing-irving-mike-conley-analytics/

I thought it was interesting, not saying what's right or what's wrong....yet.

The most shocking thing is that you have two PG's with two completely different playing styles being almost identical in a lot of things.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom