2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

Milwaukee Bucks forward Giannis Antetokounmpo has agreed on a four-year, $100M contract extension, league sources tell @TheVertical.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojVerticalNBA)

September 19, 2016

:pimp: probably my favorite player in the league right now. It was a good deal for both sides. He's def a special player

Interesting Dwight thread on Reddit

He's speaking tongue in cheek, but he raises a great point about Dwight's conditioning. As his physique has deteriorated, so has his play. I wonder how intertwined the 2 are.

It's true and maybe he already started letting himself go. I'm not too sure but I mean as you get older you tend to care less and maybe Dwight wasnt hitting the weights like he did and his diet. His physique is still crazy but Orlando Dwight was :wow:

If ever there was an nba player on roids, it was magic dwight. I still don't even know how he hurt himself. Remember him saying he got punched in the back by al Harrington

roll.gif

Dude could easily be a cancer to a team if things are not going right
They said the same thing about JR until Lebron domesticated him

Good for giannis. Went from having to eat old food restaurants threw away in the dumpster as a rookie to signing 100 mil :pimp:

I'll never hate on Josh Smith after that Rockets Game 6 comeback embarrasing the Clippers in the WCSF :pimp: :lol:

Last edited:
That is true but based off last season and his career as a player in the NBA. Individually, he's far and wide a top 15 player. It's crazy how he didn't make the All-Star team. Even though he was injured.
He really isn't. Top 15 scorer? Most definitely. Top 10 scorer too. But the reality is that the guy doesn't do jack **** other than put the ball through the hoop, hence the Cavs not even coming close to making the playoffs in the Eastern Conference in any of the seasons with him as their leader prior to LeBron's return.

I need the nba back. That weak *** NFL thread isn't my cup of tea. How many days till opening night?

THat NFL thread is bad.

I post something in there and won't return for years, unless someone @'s me or something.

Last edited:
That thread moves way too fast. No way I'm reading all that.

One of the NFL guys made fun of the NBA thread, like that mess is any better.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Come on now. Yall usually revel in this dirt with pride. :lol:

NBA threads have a reputation for being cesspools across ST for a reason yall can't be serious right now.

Don't get me wrong, I've complained plenty of times about the NBA thread over the past few years, especially when seaman, Mamba, and the Laker brigade were filling it with daily garbage, but I don't think the NFL thread is a whole lot better to be honest.
laugh.gif

I lurk in the CFB one sometimes, that one seems decent.

Last edited:
Idk, man. I went into the nfl thread one day and it was 4 pages of wrestling gifs/references :lol: :smh:

The thread itself isn't too bady but it tends to get a lttle too circle jerky for my liking. This thread is a POS but at least we all hate each other equally :lol: Funniest thing I saw in the NFL thread was Antidope posting emojis and someone going at his neck immediately afterwards :rofl:

The MLB thread is still the GOAT thread imo. It moves at a nice pace and there is very little trolling. CFB is really good. I admittedly don't follow it close enough to prtake in the conversation so i mostly lurk. Idk how some of those guys can be up to date with the #87 ranked high school Left Tackle in the state of Iowa. Way too amny schools/players for me too keep up. :lol: I apprecite the posts doe. It's basically my cheat sheet for following the season :

Back
Top Bottom