2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

Jungle Jim in here the past day :pimp:

Love intelligent NTers with their specialties :pimp:

Learned some stuff myself

Last edited:
Take it from someone that lived in Miami for 8-9 years (from Aventura to Brickell) and now living in LA.... LA>>>MIA

I will say that Miami is a city that takes time to really appreciate its allure & culture. I remember first going to South Beach and thought I was being trolled, did not see what was so special. It took me over a year to really appreciate what the city had to offer (also a bit of a culture shock coming from Seattle) but after that, I fell in love with the city & beach lifestyle.

But still, LA>Miami  
laugh.gif

Any decent young wing player that I could think of would be a better add than Barnes. This man literally just got done ruining the NBA Finals for his team and he gets an Olympic invite right after? Who is this guy's agent?

I will never, ever, ever forget the bricks that Barnes put up in the Finals. He could drop 50 for two weeks straight next season and I will still think he's a bum.

Khris Middleton is a better player and should of been invited instead of dude. Downfall of playing in Mil and not Gs

He'll probably be in the stands watching women's volleyball again
side note

i was just down in Rio and theyre building a state of the art volleyball stadium right on Copacabana beach

that thing is so behind schedule, its not even funny

i saw a rendtion of it, nowhere near close to it....the actual thing was looking like high school bleachers when i saw it 

He did well (at least for my pockets) when they finally gave him the keys in Memphis after half the team died.

I still think he can be a good back up PG in this league but he has to be a PG, he's trash off the ball.
Lance did well anytime doc put him in tbh

side note
i was just down in Rio and theyre building a state of the art volleyball stadium right on Copacabana beach
i saw a rendtion of it, nowhere near close to it....the actual thing was looking like high school bleachers when i saw it 

The whole Rio Olympics seems like a disaster waiting to happen.

Yes Im aware and he should be in the pool also. You do knw that right
laugh.gif
I don't think you do. Or else you'd notice MCW is in the player pool...so your theory of some sort of city bias doesn't actually exist.

Last edited:

side note

I've never understood the point of having the Olympics at a place that doesn't have the infrastructure already or mostly in place to support the games.  These places that build these massive coliseums to be used for 3 months then sit unused for the next decade baffle me.

Last edited:
I've never understood the point of having the Olympics at a place that doesn't have the infrastructure already or mostly in place to support the games.  These places that build these massive coliseums to be used for 3 months then sit unused for the next decade baffle me.

bags of money showing up at a important voters cribs is why we see this.

bags of money showing up at a important voters cribs is why we see this.
I wont disagree with that one bit.  I've always wondered what the poorer countries who hosted the Olympics though of this.  Like hey, we could spend some money on **** like food, but **** it, we are going to build a bunch of buildings and hotels that will get little use in the future.

Last edited:
The whole Rio Olympics seems like a disaster waiting to happen.

Yep

I've always said that summer and winter should have four locations each that just rotate. Can absolutely ruin these towns and cities

Back
Top Bottom