2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

First y'all say when we got D.Rose and Noah, they were past their prime and now we're a superteam?!?! FOH

*adds to manifesto*
roll.gif

upskirt videos in church? Come on.

And $300k+ bond. Yeah, he's in trouble.

Way to throw it down the drain, dummy.

“Bobby Knight, he got after us. He told Michael that’s the worst he ever played. Now Michael’s going to deny this, but he cried. He cried after the game, because of the fact that Bobby Knight told him, ‘You should apologize to everybody in here.’ I waited for my apology because I thought he was going to actually do it. But he actually cried.”

“We didn’t play that bad. It’s the fact that [Knight] just wanted us to wake up for the next game because anything could happen,” Perkins said. “That’s the way Bobby Knight coached.”

Read more at http://www.slamonline.com/nba/sam-p...l-jordan-cry-84-olympics/#tpwYjHw0SGtSHUkj.99

ap_090911089838_sq-3271237f28995f6530d9634ff27228cae88e3440-s900-c85.jpg

Last edited:
Safe to say Melo needs to be surrounded by an entire roster of elite talent in order to shine or nah?

There's a wwwwhooooole lotta gray area in between the descriptor you used (competent) and the descriptor I used (elite).

There's a wwwwhooooole lotta gray area in between the descriptor you used (competent) and the descriptor I used (elite).

I know.

Let's look back to 2012-13, Melo's best season as a Knick. There was only one other All-Star on that team (Tyson Chandler). The other main contributors were JR Smith, Jason Kidd, Raymond Felton, Iman Shumpert, Pablo Prigioni, Steve Novak, Chris Copeland, & Kenyon Martin.

On paper that supporting cast ******* sucks. But all those guys played to his strengths. Starting both Felton & Kidd with Melo at the 4 allowed near perfect spacing. JR off the bench was as focused as he's ever been and went on to win Sixth Man of the Year. Martin, Chandler, & Shumpert handled the dirty work. Copeland & Novak shot over 40% from deep. Prigioni was a floor general that always made the right play.

What that team lacked in talent they made up for with IQ & defense. (I'm convinced we would've beaten Miami if it wasn't for Roy ******* Hibbert. :smh:)

It takes a specific group of guys to win with Melo as the #1 option (pass first guards, shooters, scrappy big men, etc.) but it's a beautiful thing when it all comes together.

Safe to say Melo needs to be surrounded by an entire roster of elite talent in order to shine or nah?

As I said in the Knicks thread...

Lately, when people have been saying this, they are using it as a way to slight/discredit him though. As though he's somehow not good enough to be on a good team without another star. Well wake me up when KD even goes to the playoffs without Russ lol. Or Steph without Klay and Draymond. Or LeBron winning without Wade, Bosh, Kyrie, etc. Or CP3 without DJ and Blake. Kawhi without Duncan, Parker, and Manu. Obviously in team USA he's playing with other capable players...which makes him exceptional. Common sense tells me that if you apply the same to the NBA, he is capable of the same. Put talent around him and watch him flourish. Not JR Smith as your 2nd option (LeBron's 4th option and people pretend like it's all equal and the same haha).

Klay Thompson can't even dribble the basketball and people say he's better than Melo. Crazy. We'll see what's up soon enough...

All players without Chips get slandered.

Melo gets it more because he's a Superstar and is still active.

Back
Top Bottom