2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

Billups
Hamilton
Melo
Sheed
Ben

:x :x :x

but..and here's the issue with that.. Sure..that team looks better..but probably no 04 ring. Because you take tayshawn out of the lineup and insert Melo..no way on earth melo runs down Reggie to get that block that ultimately lead them to the Finals. No Finals.

Say they made it though, Tayshawn was their best on ball defender. Melo gonna guard 04 Kobe Bean Bryant???? Hell no.

Things happen how they're suppose to happen.

(Dwade would've been a better choice.)

Last edited:
but..and here's the issue with that.. Sure..that team looks better..but probably no 04 ring. Because you take tayshawn out of the lineup and insert Melo..no way on earth melo runs down Reggie to get that block that ultimately lead them to the Finals. No Finals.

Say they made it though, Tayshawn was their best on ball defender. Melo gonna guard 04 Kobe Bean Bryant???? Hell no.

Nope.

I can see Melo coming off the bench.

Nope.

Nope what?

Billups
Hamilton
Melo
Sheed
Ben

:x :x :x

Maybe they score more points in that game so the block isn't even needed. They had 69 points with 40 seconds left in the game :lol:

And LB would've adjusted the rotation in that finals to allow for more Tay on Kobe. It's not like LB was ever fond of rooks in the first place.

Last edited:
Maybe they score more points in that game so the block isn't even needed. They had 69 points with 40 seconds left in the game
laugh.gif

And LB would've adjusted the rotation in that finals to allow for more Tay on Kobe. It's not like LB was ever fond of rooks in the first place.
Hence why I told that dude Nope. These dudes don't even be watching basketball

Not to mention if they don't win it in 04, there's still a great possibility that they win it at least once in 06, 07, 08, or 09 with Wade, Melo, or Bosh. 

LB played Larry Hughes and Tim Thomas as rookies. Darko's problem was being terrible, not being a rookie

LB killed him but Darko just didn't have the heart or desire. He was a focal point for Serbia in one summer in the Euro games and you could see exactly what Chad Ford was talking about. He was doing this against NBA players too. Darko coulda been what KP actually is.

Does she not realize that she's a celebrity and this is what happens? I'm so shocked at this.

The funny thing is that this stuff was happening when the team is winning, but now that they lost she's flying off the handle.
You know what she just doesn't get it. As much as Lebron gets hated on Ive never seen Savannah say stuff. I'm pretty she wants to say a ton of ish. I respect Ayesha but damn she needs to fall back.

It obviously was the wrong decision, but I don't think it was a "humongous" blunder though.
I disagree. The league changed the interpretation of hand-checking right after their title. So it was harder to play D and they went from historically great to "just" elite. That slight slippage was huge because they always struggled to score in the playoffs.

You add Melo or Bosh in there and they probably convert on a few more of those fourth quarter playoff possessions.

They let Ben go & replaced him with Dice & Webber. Imagine if that was Bosh instead.

Last edited:
Who else is meeting with Whiteside besides Dallas, the Lakers and Miami?

Do you think if the pistons picked melo they would have won the NBA finals? They were known to be a defensive juggernaut and the way prince played Kobe in the finals was a big reason they won.

Chemistry is a fragile thing. If there were any team that could have afforded to take the risk on a project, it was that pistons team.

Now the cavs choosing Bennett is where the gm really goofed up. Lol I'd consider him the biggest bust seeing how he is already out of the league. What was his total revenue? $5 mil?

Back
Top Bottom