2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

My problem with Julius is defense and the fact that he is not an ambiturner.  Everyone knows he is going left everytime and he doesn't have the shot to get people to pump on fakes.

My problem with Julius is defense and the fact that he is not an ambiturner.  Everyone knows he is going left everytime and he doesn't have the shot to get people to pump on fakes.

This and he's a black hole that plays with blinders on every time down. If the Lakers are going to reach their potential this season, Nance Jr. needs to be starting.

Last edited:
Julius indeed sucks.

I was watching the one vs one drills at USA practice. He went up against Jimmy Butler, DAngelo, Kyrie, and Derozan. In the 15 minute video, i dont recall him scoring even once 
sick.gif

You said their potential was a bottom 3 team tho :lol:

I said it's bottom 5 for sure, but with the offseason moves they're definitely still in the bottom 3 wins wise. I'm speaking more in a sense of fit with the guys they have now. D'Lo, JC, Ingram, and Randle all needing the ball is too much. Julius is the easiest to transition to the bench especially with the expansion in Nance Jr's game and his not necessarily needing the ball to be effective.

I have OKC missing the playoffs as a result of blowing up the team.

Last edited:
Julius indeed sucks.

I was watching the one vs one drills at USA practice. He went up against Jimmy Butler, DAngelo, Kyrie, and Derozan. In the 15 minute video, i dont recall him scoring even once :x  

dude was atrocious 1 on 1. nobody was even playing D forreal and he still couldnt score. Bruh couldnt even score on kyrie and kyrie was cookies for everybody else on d

Yea he sucked in those drills but he was one of the best defenders.

Also Gordon is just not better than him. I'll take the guy who averaged a double double over the one who put up a single single. And Gordon is going into his legit 3rd season, Randle his 2nd

I'll take it a step further with this hot take; By the end of next season, Randle could be the fourth most valuable PF on the roster behind Deng, Nance and Ingram as a player/asset.

Yea he sucked in those drills but he was one of the best defenders.

Also Gordon is just not better than him. I'll take the guy who averaged a double double over the one who put up a single single. And Gordon is going into his legit 3rd season, Randle his 2nd

Never mind Aaron Gordon being younger than Julius. Or the fact that they have similar per 36 numbers with Gordon being better across the board....

"If Serge Ibaka weren't here, Aaron Gordon would be my power forward," Vogel said. "But Serge is here. Aaron is going to be playing [small forward]. We are going to put the ball in his hands a lot. We're going to use him like Paul George."
Gordon is stoked to stretch his skill set. "I'm gonna be like a third guard," he said. "I'll have a much bigger ballhandling responsibility, and I'm all for that."
Orlando is trying to kill AG's development. Please stop.

Trade Vucevic.

Who gaf about per 36 :lol:. And Randle chewed him up head to head.

Oh ok. So you'd rather have the:

Inefficient
T-Rexed armed
Defensive turnstile
Turnover prone
Below the rim
One handed
No jump shot having
Older

Julius Randle.....than the:

Younger
More athletic
Defensively versatile
Active
More efficient
Better jumper having
Longer

Aaron Gordon....:rofl:

Youre right wavy. I'd rather have the guy with the better hypothetical production who got his lunch ate in head to head matchups.

Back
Top Bottom