2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

Ultimately both D Wade and Miami were in the right.

I will say though, that loyalty isnt leaving money on the table for the good of the team, only to ask for it later..

Letting go of Wade was smart. They don't want to end up like the Lakers. Ain't nobody wanna go there.

the Heat games were barely full during the LeBron era

That's just not true.

The Heat have a much stronger core fan base than given credit for - and largely consists of people who can't afford to get into an NBA Finals game to walk out of.

Pat Riley on the other hand has a much stronger rep along with the organization than they deserve, though.

Nah, Miami fans are notoriously fair weathered..

You seen/been to a hurricanes game that last 10 years or so?!

Any of y'all watching The Herd right now? Cowherd always speaking the truth. Heat will land a marquee free agent, even two.
They'll be in the running for RW next summer but players talk.

Jig may be up on the don and the mafia heat.
This right here. Wade is a legend down there and rightfully so and they did him like that. They're gonna have to pull out the big bucks to get a quality FA down there now. And they blew all that money on Whiteside and he's still an X factor to me. He can implode at anytime.

Not even that, Dirk was taking peanuts the past few years for nothing and still took a paycut this again this time.

And on top of that Dirk has averaged 77 games the past 3 seasons while Wade has averaged 63. This season was the first time Wade hit over 70 since 2011. But yeah Wade deserved the MAX :rolleyes

Ultimately both D Wade and Miami were in the right.

I will say though, that loyalty isnt leaving money on the table for the good of the team, only to ask for it later..

You have a point but he was done dirty though,who wouldn't pay in excess of 22m+ a season for a 35 year old with an injury history? :lol:

I love the man for all he did and he's one of my favorite players of all time but it was the best move for both parties given that there wasn't anymore room for compromise

Can't until we get that two hour long 30 for 30 "The Decision/Miami Heat: The Heatles".

They were rock stars. I had no issue with these cats. Every night was like playoff atmosphere and the off court stories about this franchise should be fun.

They helped catapult the league in a tremendous way. They really pushed the game to the casual fan. It was like a circus and it was great for the league. Perfect storm with social media coming of age around the same timespan.

It was unprecedented. Full of dramatic storylines, Game 7's where it was all on the line, legacy questions, all time great performances,

That run was awesome man. Love it. Heel lebron, Heel heat.

Letting go of Wade was smart. They don't want to end up like the Lakers. Ain't nobody wanna go there.

He got a 2 year deal with a 1 year opt out which will likely be the case for the remainder of his career. Treating their franchise player like garbage will maybe have a bigger short term impact than anything. Now they're in dreaded purgatory not bad enough to tank but not good enough to contend, which you may say would have been the case with Wade, but you don't have that negative blow back in the short term.

Pat did Wade dirty but at the end of the day, it's a business. That's the sad part. Business aside, Wade would've been with the Heat for the rest of his career.

Last edited:
"The Decision" drastically altered the landscape of the league forever man. Never would I have thought that the players would have this much power and control very their careers before then

Last edited:
yall act like dudes dont ever age they supposed to just stay the same age forever or put up 20/10 forever

miami couldnt show wade any love at this point after he brought lbj and bosh to mia

its like yall expect dudes to do any and everything to win for your organization, and after all the winning just throw dudes out in the parking lot 
mean.gif

yall act like dudes dont ever age they supposed to just stay the same age forever or put up 20/10 forever

miami couldnt show wade any love at this point after he brought lbj and bosh to mia

its like yall expect dudes to do any and everything to win for your organization, and after all the winning just throw dudes out in the parking lot :smh:

They did not throw him to the parking lot they offered him 40 million dollars :lol:

I'm talking about the Heat, not a private college that plays an hour from campus. There is a large sample size that shows the city actually does care about the NBA.

They get that rep - but when the Cavs finish 23rd, 29th, and 27th in attendance post-LeBron it's still 'Believeland'.

Last edited:
"The Decision" drastically altered the landscape of the league forever man. Never would I have thought that the players would have this much power and control very their careers before then
andrightfullyso

Oh trust me,I love the fact that players can control their destiny instead of greedy owners :lol: :pimp:

Even though the end results aren't always to my liking...Wade :frown:

Last edited:
They did not throw him to the parking lot they offered him 40 million dollars
laugh.gif
what was that 2/20 offer?

if wade aint shop himself to other teams they wouldnt even have offered 40

that was just to save face so ppl like you will say "well they made him a "fair" offer"

I'm talking about the Heat, not a private college that plays an hour from campus. There is a large sample size that shows the city actually does care about the NBA.

I went to college in Miami.. I'm over in north Miami/lauderdale at least every other month (I live in the Bahamas)

Been to games at the heat's highest of highes (double overtime game of the '06 finals) to the lows.. Been to a ton of canes games (when I was in school there and after), again highest of highes to the lows

Ton of Marlins games and Dolphins games

You ain't going tell me something

And furthermore I think it started in 2014 after Bron left. Wade saw Bosh get taken care of, then Dragic, and now Whiteside all before him when none of it would be possible without him really. Sacrifice after sacrifice. And then you want him to take half of what he made last season when he was still the best player on the team and you're not a contender anymore? I mean c'mon enough is enough.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom