2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

Take care of yourself @TEKtheMAESTRO
riley-shhh.jpg

according to miami's journalists since 2 days ago, the plan was to withhold the offer, then see what other teams offered, then match if necessary. not time to panic...yet...

Moz is fine, if his knee is right and the last year has some kind of protection.

If they sign Turner, I'll riot. He had a good year, but he'll make the team un-watchable.

You think Moz is fine? We gonna have to agree to disagree on that, he has literally 0 upside, history and his individual health situation says he only gets worse from here.

When is the last time you heard of a 30 year old center with 12 years of pro experience coming off a badly handled knee injury regaining his form?
:lol: Someone on FB was arguing with me that Mozgov will be more effective this year
Gave him a bunch of analytics that said Mozgov sucked last year and he simply said, "LeBron didn't need him in the lineup anymore" :rofl:

Riley : Hassan, we're a family ...we can grow together
Hassan: nothing personal, it's just business
Riley: we're in the heat basketball business
Hassan: I'm in the pay me business

Riley probably told Hassan that he would be making "the biggest mistake of his career if he left".

Dude has lost it for a while now, he and Spo living off the past at this point.

They in for a rude awakening next season.

So what you said makes no sense.

He'll sign his big deal next summer, there is too much uncertainty with the CBA to do otherwise.

There is no uncertainty with the CBA. These numbers are never going to go backwards.

By the time summer '19 rolls around, Curry will have 10 years under his belt and be able to sign for the absolute maximum.

It wouldn't make much sense to lock up a long-term deal and pass up the pay increase when you're only two years away from it. Especially when he'll still take home 30MM+ annually in the interim.

Does what I said make sense now?

Unless mozgov is bringing lebron with him, lakers gonna be back in the top 5 of the draft. Not necessarily a bad thing

We signed a great screen setter that's just gonna get in the way. :lol: :smh:

Let me take my *** to sleep. This damn front office.

Last edited:
Bobby Marks @BobbyMarks42
Memphis Grizzlies cap situation. $25 -30m in likely room and still could sign Mike Conley to a max contract. yhoo.it/28ZC2zV
Retweeted by TheVertical
1:49 AM - 01 Jul 2016

Oh geez

Only thing that helped Riley was the refs in 2006, and the fact that bron and wade are real friends

There is no uncertainty with the CBA. These numbers are never going to go backwards.

By the time summer '19 rolls around, Curry will have 10 years under his belt and be able to sign for the absolute maximum.

It wouldn't make much sense to lock up a long-term deal and pass up the pay increase when you're only two years away from it. Especially when he'll still take home 30MM+ annually in the interim.

Does what I said make sense now?

No it still doesn't because the threat of a lockout is always there and the players will never win because the owners have deeper pockets so they will hold out.

The cap stabilizing after 2017, that 10 year max is not that big of a deal because he'll make that up off the court easily.

With his injury history and his age, I have no doubt he takes the long term deal next year.

you guys are fools thinking Mozgov's a decent signing.

He's terrible. Done. Finished.

Congrats though. Agent did work. Probably the easiest deal he's ever made.

CAN'T WAIT TO WATCH THE PRESS CONFERENCE INTRODUCING MOZGOV.

Gonna be awkward.

Have the privilege to see this firsthand for the next 4 years.

Last edited:
CAN'T WAIT TO WATCH THE PRESS CONFERENCE INTRODUCING MOZGOV.

Gonna be awkward.

Have the privilege to see this firsthand for the next 4 years.

The fact that they just saw how trash Hibbert is and went and got the Russian version of him for 65 million is beyond all logical comprehension.

I know Dwight and his agent are popping bottles right now.

Back
Top Bottom