2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: :lol:

Contreras is NOT goin on the bench.

Schwarber will be a 3rd catcher (or emergency) like the Ross role, once a week, maybe.

Miggy and Contreras will handle the rest.

Contreras can also play Left and First. He'll play, a lot.

I'm more concerned who catches Lester. That's a bigger issue than any to me. I "assume" Contreras, but not sure. His arm makes more sense than Miggy's with Jon's base runner issue.

Miggy seems to be Arrieta's guy.

Maybe Schwarber catches Hammel, iono. He'll be primary left fielder tho.
Will Schwarber be mobile enough to play LF by April? No lie I would be scared to put him out there

After a full 12 months recovering? Yes. Why wouldn't he be ready? He's clearly ahead of schedule already.

Scared of another random collision happening????
You never know man.
But you're right, Kyle should be good by then

Contreras and Miggy got beef.

From what Contreras has told me it's been on going since August when he started to catch more.

Miggy just a salty old veteran who is upset the young kid is taking over.

Soler will more than likely be traded for an arm, as he's requested a trade, he wants more playing time.

Schwarber may never catch again atleast for the Cubs, they weren't high on him catching before the ACL injury, the TALK was always about willy coming up and being the catcher. More than likely almora slides to CF.

I can see Heyward getting time in center as well

I low-key wanna be a Cubs fan just to join in on the Go Cubs Go song :lol: :wow: hearing everyone at Wrigley sing it was unreal.

Just wondering, the Cubs can pretty much keep there young bats for years to come but would have to sacrifice pitching, correct?

Just wondering, the Cubs can pretty much keep there young bats for years to come but would have to sacrifice pitching, correct?

Why????

System has been stocking arms for 5 years. Should start seeing benefits late 17, early 18.

They have TONS of money to spend. No need to sacrifice anything. Just keep building/developing.

Why????

System has been stocking arms for 5 years. Should start seeing benefits late 17, early 18.

They have TONS of money to spend. No need to sacrifice anything. Just keep building/developing.

Ah got it. Read a ESPN article and they were mostly talking about the current staff and keeping them around

Why????

No one to spend money on in this class, unless you're talking about extending Arrieta.

Why????

No one to spend money on in this class, unless you're talking about extending Arrieta.

I don't mean anyone now, trade deadline, trades, next year whatever. They have money because they pay like 2 people. :lol: Everyone else is making peanuts, Theo has major flexibility to do whatever they want.

C CP1708 Any reason you guys declined Hammel's option?

Theo bein a stand-up dude. He could have kept the nothin 10 mil option and flipped him, he told Jason he'd give him the chance to pick his own team, get his own contract.

Meaning wise....I believe Theo makes a deal for an arm (Soler?) and/or uses the money to resign Fowler or one of the closers? Hunch on my part.

Worst case, he uses Montgomery or Zastrynzy as a cheap #5 and spends money elsewhere.

Imagine how much more he'd have if he didn't pay heyward

He might not have a World Series either. :wink:
Be real man y'all won a World Series in spite of Heyward

No.

2015 Cards win 100, #1 pitching in league
2016 Cubs win 100, #1 pitching in league

Not a coincidence. I've said alllllllllllllll year he does more than just bat.

Look after game 7, first words put of Bryant's mouth, about Heyward during rain delay.
First words out of Rizzo, Heyward.
During Zobrist interview on MLB, Heyward....

Just cuz he doesn't hit, doesn't mean he doesn't contribute.

I've said that ALL year.

World Series, he's on bench, they lose 2 of the 3 games.

Gets put back in, they win 3 of 4.

*shrugs*

I know, batting stats are all that matters. The fact the entire team speaks so highly of him means nothing. No benefit there, for a young team, on the road, game 7, extra innings, no benefit at all, they woulda won anyways with Soler patrolling Right.

Sure.

Theo bein a stand-up dude. He could have kept the nothin 10 mil option and flipped him, he told Jason he'd give him the chance to pick his own team, get his own contract.

Meaning wise....I believe Theo makes a deal for an arm (Soler?) and/or uses the money to resign Fowler or one of the closers? Hunch on my part.

Worst case, he uses Montgomery or Zastrynzy as a cheap #5 and spends money elsewhere.

I can totally see Montgomery as a 5 next year.

i haven't been in here since we won the WS. i kicked it at the parade on friday and wirgleyville on saturday.

whats the offseason plan. its only right we win one at wrigley in 2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom