2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you foul off 3 pitches, you're out. Strikeout. :lol:

What next, run limits? Y'all scored 5 this inning, next teams up. :smh: :lol:

Wow @ Archer possibly being traded. Imagine him and Kershaw together
sick.gif
Dont need to IMAGINE Kershaw and Archer.  We already SAW Kershaw and a better pitcher than Archer......and that didnt work out too well for that franchise. 
laugh.gif

Such a great read. Story after Story after Story
pimp.gif

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/david-ortiz-farewell-to-minnesota/

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ "a Coca Cola"

"I have to start with a story.

We used to have this vending machine when I was playing rookie ball in Arizona in 1994. It was one of the fancy new machines. When you put your change in to get a soda, it would tell you on the screen how much money you were missing. So this one day, I see one of my young Dominican teammates standing at the machine, looking confused. He was missing 10 cents.

The screen said, “Please add a dime.”

In Spanish, the word dime  means “tell me.”

So one of my other Dominican teammates goes up to this kid and says, in Spanish, “What’s up? What are you doing?”

The kid says, “I don’t understand what’s going on with this machine.”

He wraps his arm around the kid’s shoulder and points to the screen.

“Bro … you see that word there? Dime. Dee-may. It knows you speak Spanish. The machine is telling you to ask for what you want.”

The kid looks at the vending machine. Then he looks back at my teammate. Then he looks back at the machine.

He leans in real close to the coin slot and starts shouting, “A Coca-Cola! I want a Coca-Cola! A COCA-COLA!”

Ortiz-Wrigley-Pull.jpg

Last edited:
Honestly sad about my boy sonny. No one knows what even wrong at this point. Mechanics, velocity, command. Really hoping he comes out of this slump of a season

Managers stalling for time before making an official challenge grinds my gears. Is there a time limit before they can't challenge and next pitch? Umps should be able to toss them off the field and play ball

Managers stalling for time before making an official challenge grinds my gears. Is there a time limit before they can't challenge and next pitch? Umps should be able to toss them off the field and play ball

Agree

Last edited:
Mets need to make a power move and trade for Archer.

Wheeler, Nimmo and Cecchini.

Do it Mitch!

Very interesting. They definitely need another SP, but I also think they need a bat.

Plot twist - they trade for Archer and Longoria.

/MLBTheShowtrade

Of course, Familia needs to have two baserunners so he learn how to deal with pressure before the postseasons start. A lot of practices make it perfect

[QUOTE url="[URL]https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash[/URL]"]
Sources: #Orioles discussing a trade in which they would acquire #Padres’ Melvin Upton Jr. for Ubaldo Jimenez.
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal)

July 23, 2016
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Man they better walk Justin Turner.

Right handed Red headed Daniel Murphy up there.

Edit: can't believe he chased that ahead 2-0

Last edited:
Post all-star break ain't been kind to Toronto at all.

And this is the "easy portion" of the schedule.

Last edited:
Didi is officially my favorite Yankee

I've become a big fan too. He's enjoying his best season in the majors so far.

Edit: Speaking of Didi :wow: :pimp: look at those wheels.

What on earth is wrong with the defense of the Giants?

Last edited:
Sale was scratched from his start tonight. Saw on Twitter the flu, but other tweets said not due to illness :nerd: .

FOX Sports: MLB (@MLBONFOX)
7 mins ago - View on Twitter
Chris Sale was scratched from tonight's scheduled start due to a clubhouse incident before the game (via @whitesox)

Okay, done with the Sale posts :lol: heading out for the night. Gotta follow the rest of this Yanks game on my phone.

The white sox front office strikes again :lol:

Edit:

I bet the white sox told Sale he wasn't pitching because of trade talks, and he wanted to pitch :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom