2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
better grip, no? in salvy's case, I'm guessing it's more for him throwing out runners than stickying the ball for the pitcher.
position players are allowed to use pine tar. 

I mean, sure it helps your grip, but it is negligible. 

Last edited:
he's the best 3b they have that's why he plays. stop *****ing about Wright had a damn 1 run lead against the bottom of the order in the 9th with 1 out. gotta close the game not ***** about a guy making an error in the 14th inning.

salvy apparently has pine tar behind one of his shin guards

http://www.sportingnews.com/mlb-new...ance-pine-tar-shin-guard-fox-sports-broadcast

nah b, former giant great juan uribe is the better option. dude is too clutch

not serious
but semi serious

Last edited:
This is the first time y'all have heard of Rusty Kuntz?!

I'm saying...

It has been one of my fantasy baseball team names for awhile now... "The Rusty Kuntz"

not serious
but semi serious
I was actually thinking about that. Uribe is solid defensively, but he hasn't played in awhile. You could keep Wright in the lineup at DH and play Uribe in the field.

not serious
but semi serious
I was actually thinking about that. Uribe is solid defensively, but he hasn't played in awhile. You could keep Wright in the lineup at DH and play Uribe in the field.
if he's healthy sure. no clue where he stands on that front though.

Just checked out Snapchat's World Series Game One. Pretty cool. I feel like I was in the game.

^
it should. there's nothing that is going up against them besides regular season basketball
what did chi/ny do as far as ratings? if that had went longer...

Last edited:
^
it should. there's nothing that is going up against them besides regular season basketball
what did chi/ny do as far as ratings? if that had went longer...

Yea chi/ny broke every TBS record as far as ratings go and if it had went 7 it would've had an mind boggling numbers. A Yankees/Cubs WS would do Super Bowl numbers

No. If youre disabled, you sit your &^$ on the bench. This is the world series, not a charity game.

And blaming the loss on Wright is stupid. The Mets had plenty of opportunities to win this game with RISP and didn't capitalize. Familia blowing the save. You can go on and on. The game should have never gone to the 14th inning. This loss is on the entire team. They gave this game away.

I did not pin the loss on Wright. The loss was a joint effort. Im speaking on Wrights performance, hitting and attempt to steal a base.

I could have swore that the ESPN article said volquez found out on his way to the stadium of his dad passing away

I could have swore that the ESPN article said volquez found out on his way to the stadium of his dad passing away
Whether that was true or not idk but ESPN did say that. Chris Archer just snapped himself in a production meeting and some guy is telling them to mention Volquez was aware so it supports their claim. I hate ESPN.

I feel like it is pretty naive to believe that Volquez didn't know his father died  
laugh.gif

regardless, this should be a total non-story. The dude lost his father, who cares if he knew or not. 

@FeinsandNYDN: Word is Andrew Miller is at Kauffman Stadium, which would mean he's the likely Mariano Rivera Award winner for best AL reliever.

:smokin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom