2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
@McCulloughStar: Lorenzo Cain told Rusty Kuntz he will never bunt again. There were expletives involved.

i thought Jim Bob Cooter was the best name i'd hear this week :lol:

Rusty Kuntz!??!?!

lGtOi.jpg

i'm done...goodnight :rofl:

Last edited:
Mets had hitting from everyone, (before the extra innings too) not just Murphy and Grandy, which is all I thought they needed to win this Series.

Mets had 11 hits and has the Superior Pitching. KC just wins.

I can't see this series ending any other way than with KC hoisting the trophy.
[table][tr][/tr][tr][th=""]New York Mets[/th][/tr][tr][th=""]HITTERS[/th][th=""]AB[/th][th=""]R[/th][th=""]H[/th][th=""]RBI[/th][th=""]BB[/th][th=""]SO[/th][th=""]#P[/th][th=""]AVG[/th][th=""]OBP[/th][th=""]SLG[/th][/tr][tr][td]Granderson  RF[/td][td]5[/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][td]2[/td][td]0[/td][td]28[/td][td].200[/td][td].429[/td][td].800[/td][/tr][tr][td]Wright  3B[/td][td]7[/td][td]0[/td][td]2[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]2[/td][td]27[/td][td].286[/td][td].286[/td][td].286[/td][/tr][tr][td]Murphy  2B[/td][td]7[/td][td]1[/td][td]2[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]2[/td][td]23[/td][td].286[/td][td].286[/td][td].286[/td][/tr][tr][td]Céspedes  CF-LF[/td][td]6[/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]2[/td][td]24[/td][td].167[/td][td].167[/td][td].167[/td][/tr][tr][td]Duda  1B[/td][td]6[/td][td]0[/td][td]2[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]3[/td][td]28[/td][td].333[/td][td].333[/td][td].333[/td][/tr][tr][td]d'Arnaud  C[/td][td]6[/td][td]0[/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][td]2[/td][td]24[/td][td].167[/td][td].167[/td][td].167[/td][/tr][tr][td]Conforto  LF[/td][td]2[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]5[/td][td].000[/td][td].000[/td][td].000[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Lagares  CF
[/td][td]3[/td][td]1[/td][td]2[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]1[/td][td]17[/td][td].667[/td][td].667[/td][td].667[/td][/tr][tr][td]Flores  SS[/td][td]4[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][td]23[/td][td].000[/td][td].200[/td][td].000[/td][/tr][tr][td]Johnson  DH[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]10[/td][td].000[/td][td].500[/td][td].000[/td][/tr][tr][td]
a-Cuddyer  PH-DH
[/td][td]3[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]3[/td][td]16[/td][td].000[/td][td].000[/td][td].000[/td][/tr][tr][td]
b-Nieuwenhuis  PH-DH
[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]3[/td][td].000[/td][td].000[/td][td].000[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]TOTALS[/th][th=""]51[/th][th=""]4[/th][th=""]11[/th][th=""]3[/th][th=""]3[/th][th=""]15[/th][th=""]228[/th][th=""]  [/th][th=""]  
 [/th][/tr][/table]

Last edited:
@JeffPassan: Edinson Volquez sent some teammates a text message after the game thanking them for winning it. He left after learning about the passing of his father.

@goldbergkc: Yost says he talked to Chris Young about starting in case Volquez found out about his father before the game

@goldbergkc: Ned Yost says Edinson Volquez's family asked that Eddie pitch and not be told about his father passing until after he left the game

|I

Okay, at least there is clarification - if Volquez's family asked that he not be told until after the game, than fine.

He pitched a solid game regardless of the unfortunate news.

who was that dude in the marlins jersey behind home plate?! I see him at ALOT of games and looks like he put some voodoo magic on the mets pitching!!

No. If youre disabled, you sit your &^$ on the bench. This is the world series, not a charity game.

And blaming the loss on Wright is stupid. The Mets had plenty of opportunities to win this game with RISP and didn't capitalize. Familia blowing the save. You can go on and on. The game should have never gone to the 14th inning. This loss is on the entire team. They gave this game away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom