2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

Lin, cope and jeremy tyler we not missing much though by getting rid of them
You know whats crazy, our team is so trash it made these guys look like they had potential and were decent players.

Them going to other teams revealed how worthless they really are to average NBA teams....

:smh:

You know whats crazy, our team is so trash it made these guys look like they had potential and were decent players.

Them going to other teams revealed how worthless they really are to average NBA teams....

:smh:

at least cope and tyler didnt get grossly overpaid like lin. i was rooting for him to stay too....until i saw what he was getting offered.

Boozer would be a mistake. I'd lose all hope in next season if he's on the squad.

That's how bad I think he is in general and for our squad.

NBA New York Knicks ‏@nyknicks · 15m15 minutes ago
President @PhilJackson11 announces #Knicks have re-signed @LouAmundson17!
READ http://on.knicks.com/1U9o52A

NY_KnicksPR ‏@NY_KnicksPR · 13m13 minutes ago
July 29, 2015 – Phil Jackson announced that the team has signed 2015 first-round draft picks K. Porzingis & J. Grant to contracts.

NBA New York Knicks ‏@nyknicks · 12m12 minutes ago
Welcome aboard, @kporzee and @JerianGrant! #Knicks

I approve. I don't mind giving role players small contracts. Wouldn't want to pay Boozer big money to be a role player. I wouldn't mind caldo as much if he was making a mil or 2 a year.

I wouldnt mind Boozer at all if he was more of a leader, like the vets the Knicks signed for the 2013 season, and less of an immature head case. I feel like Boozer could easily be a guy to **** with team chemistry as opposed to helping it out as an established veteran presence. I still dont necessarily mind taking the risk for the vet's minimum, but I just feel very indifferent about it as opposed to being for it.

Would much prefer Elton Brand to Boozer... But I don't think that is likely at all anymore after Phil's recent comments dissing Duke draft picks and calling out Brand specifically for not being a good #1 draft pick.

I'm not exactly sure how smart that was when there has been rumors the Knicks have been interest in signing him, and Brand's brother has openly expressed his desire to see Brand finish out his career playing for the Knicks 
laugh.gif

ohwell.gif

Last edited:
I feel like Caldo's strengths are seen more when he's surrounded by good players. He cant be surrounded by d leaguers if that makes any sense.

Last edited:
He's arguably our smartest and highest IQ player though. Obviously he's washed up, but what do the analytics say when he was with Dallas the year before?

Last edited:
Caldo is analytically one of the worst point guards in the NBA he's washed up and shouldn't see more than 15 mpg.
This is why I keep saying I want to see Jerian Grant starting this season more so than Zinger. Starting JG and delegating Caldo to bench/role player duties will benefit them both greatly IMO.

I think the Knicks should start Derrick Williams to start the season as the combo forward next to Melo. If that experiment fails you delegate him to the bench and bring Zinger into the starting lineup early and see how he fares. Plus Zinger's versatility and ability to also serve as a backup center makes him an ideal fit for a 6th man this season.

But IMO Grant should be the Knicks opening day starting PG, even though I think that is unlikely.

Last edited:
He's arguably our smartest and highest IQ player though. Obviously he's washed up, but what do the analytics say when he was with Dallas the year before?
he was better than a replacement player. obviously the injury impacted Caldo immensely. i'm fine with him at 15 mpg but more than that meh, risky.

As someone who had to watch Boozer last season.. If he's cheap, you guys shouldn't be upset if he's on the team.

He was a consummate professional. Accepted his role, did not complain when his role was reduced, and seemed committed to helping young guys. Did everything from trying to help them figure it out to the little things like going to see guys on the roster play when they were sent down to the DLeague for a game.

He also played pretty well for the Lakers. Averaged 11 & 6 over 23.8mpg Shot 49.9% from the field. If he's your backup at the 4, you take it because he will be able to eat more minutes if you need to rest Kristaps with productivity that Derrick Williams cannot match.

That being said I'd much rather Boozer go to a team that has a chance at a title, he deserves that shot. But if he wants to play for New York, and he's cheap. You should jump on it.

Last edited:
As someone who had to watch Boozer last season.. If he's cheap, you guys shouldn't be upset if he's on the team.

He was a consummate professional. Accepted his role, did not complain when his role was reduced, and seemed committed to helping young guys. Did everything from trying to help them figure it out to the little things like going to see guys on the roster play when they were sent down to the DLeague for a game.

He also played pretty well for the Lakers. Averaged 11 & 6 over 23.8mpg Shot 49.9% from the field. If he's your backup at the 4, you take it because he will be able to eat more minutes if you need to rest Kristaps with productivity that Derrick Williams cannot match.

That being said I'd much rather Boozer go to a team that has a chance at a title, he deserves that shot. But if he wants to play for New York, and he's cheap. You should jump on it.
Agreed papi :pimp:

I honestly think that alot of Ndour's success this summer could be attributed to the way our guys were executing the Triangle offense. If you look closely at the spacing and the opportunities that he took advantage of on offensive they were caused by the great ball movement and awesome spacing that the entire team was providing for him. Although at the end of the day he was hitting his open jumpers while also showing great effort on the defensive end, Ultimately he was not the guy creating his own opportunities.Phil knows this and this is why i am not knocking him on not bring him back.

This is what has me very optimistic heading towards the season.If our rookies can make an unproven guy like Ndour look like a star, what do you think Melo will look like? The sky is the limit for this squad, I can honestly see us becoming a top 4 team in the east. The basketball IQ, attitude, cohesion and system is what will separate us this year.

Last edited:
I honestly think that alot of Ndour's success this summer could be attributed to the way our guys were executing the Triangle offense. If you look closely at the spacing and the opportunities that he took advantage of on offensive they were caused by the great ball movement and awesome spacing that the entire team was providing for him. Although at the end of the day he was hitting his open jumpers while also showing great effort on the defensive end, Ultimately he was not the guy creating his own opportunities.Phil knows this and this is why i am not knocking him on not bring him back.

This is what has me very optimistic heading towards the season.If our rookies can make an unproven guy like Ndour look like a star, what do you think Melo will look like? The sky is the limit for this squad, I can honestly see us becoming a top 4 team in the east. The basketball IQ, attitude, cohesion and system is what will separate us this year.
I somewhat agree with you, but this argument would hold more weight if last year's summer league team didnt run the triangle like the 96 Bulls 
roll.gif

It's not like they were running plays for him. From what I saw he was a aggressive in going to the basket and high energy on the defensive end. The summer league team did show an unselfishness at most positions and guys were looking for the open man. I thought he could be a cheap role player based on his effort and knack for gettings buckets.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom