• Scooby Wright

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adoree' Jackson

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It wasn't misleading at all... Michigan did nothing on O all game and was throughly beat that game... I don't think we will see that this year but Michigan needs to play a helluva game to leave Provo with a W... Not seeing it personally.

Did I just see a UCLA pitch USC as the best team in the country and a USC fan retort that UCLA actually had the better squad?

I thought Jeff Lockie would win the job because he's not a slouch either and his familiarity with the offense, his teammates, and his leadership would manifest themselves.

I'm not mad or anything that VA is the starter by any stretch, but to come in and be in camp for two weeks and win the job, it just has me every so slightly worried about his grasp of things. He's a talented dude for sure, but I just find it hard to believe that a guy that just got there has a better grasp of things than the guy who is starting his fourth year with the program. That's why I'm a little skeptical, but we'll see!

Nonetheless, I'm very excited about the season.

One. Week. Brehs. (but less until Thursday :tongue: )

You really think Adams would have transfered to Oregon if he wasn't told he would be the starter?

Adams tore apart UW's defense when they had all their pieces still. He can light teams up. Now with Oregon talent?..shhooott. He still has to adapt though. I imagine that's part of the reason they announced him starter.

Agreed. MM8 isn't around to drop 48 points on UCLA every game. They've got the Pac.

198qj0pvzn5wqgif.gif

You really think Adams would have transfered to Oregon if he wasn't told he would be the starter?

I don't think it was guaranteed, no.

Agreed. MM8 isn't around to drop 48 points on UCLA every game. They've got the Pac.

198qj0pvzn5wqgif.gif

I don't think it was guaranteed, no.

Why would he transfer to us than? Obviously it's all speculation, but I don't see why he would transfer to us when he had a great situation at Eastern and had plenty of other great schools trying to get him

Also I am not high on Lockie at all

Why would he transfer to us than? Obviously it's all speculation, but I don't see why he would transfer to us when he had a great situation at Eastern and had plenty of other great schools trying to get him

Also I am not high on Lockie at all

I think any QB would want to transfer to Oregon if they knew they had a shot at winning the job and playing with all that talent at the skill positions. I think he saw an opportunity to play for one of the top five programs in the country and an opportunity to win immediately. Hard to pass that up, even if it's not a guaranteed thing.

I'm not knocking VA at all. But I am slightly skeptical about his grasp of things. I'm happy to be proven wrong and obviously the coaches know waaay more than we do as spectators. I thought Lockie played pretty well during the spring, so I wasn't feeling too worried with him behind center.

Lockie and Adams seemed neck and neck in Spring practice, from the reports I saw, and if Lockie couldn't use his experience and knowledge to really distance himself from Adams then I think the coaches made the right decision., I think there's just way more potential with Adams than Lockie. 

Sidenote, I went to Fan Day in Eugene today and just got back. Whoever has Vernon Adams listed as 6'1 is pretty damn generous. I'm 5'7 and he seemed a couple inches taller than me, at most 
laugh.gif
 Humble dude though. Had a nice time chopping it up with him for a bit, Lockie gave me a little death stare when I congratulated VA on the starting job though. 

Freeman looks like he bulked up a little as well. Excited for this upcoming season seeing all our skill guys come back, as well as Johnstone.

Back
Top Bottom