Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adoree' Jackson

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1063153.gif

Five-star tight end Isaac Nauta made one of the toughest decisions he’s had to make when he decided to back off his commitment to Florida State earlier today.

Nauta, the nation’s top ranked tight end, says his decision was not easy and he put a lot of thought behind it.

“I’ve been talking and soul searching with my family for about the last three weeks,” Nauta told Noles247. “I’ve kind of had a gut feeling in my heart. I want to know what school is the best fit for me and feel like I need to step away from everything.

“There’s nothing that FSU did at all. Ever since I’ve been at IMG and away from home, I kind of miss being close to home. I’m not afraid to go away from home, but I’m kind of just a homebody. I wanted to step away from things and make sure I’m making the best decision for me. That’s why I did it.

“I have nothing bad at all to say about Florida State, I just want to make sure this is the right decision. It’s a tough decision to make at 18 years of age and I want to make sure it’s the right one.”

Nauta announced his decommitment in a prepared statement on Twitter. He informed the FSU staff of his decision before he posted it to social media.

“I called coach (Tim) Brewster. He told me it broke his heart, but he was real supportive of what I was doing. He’s played and he’s been throughout, so he knew where I was coming from,” Nauta also called Jimbo Fisher. “But he was doing the thing on ESPN today. I’m going to make sure I get in contact with him pretty soon.”

Chaos ensued shortly after his message was posted to Twitter.

“My phone went from one hundred percent to zero in about thirty minutes,” he added. “There were a ton of coaches hitting me up on twitter and stuff. I haven’t really said anything or done anything. I’m just trying to let things settle and cope with the decision that I’ve made.”

With the season fast approaching, Nauta says he’s done with summer visits and going to take a few days to re-group.

“From this point, I’m going to gather my thoughts and focus on my high school season that’s coming up. I’ll definitely try to take some unofficial visits in the fall, but our (high school) schedule is busy, so I’ll have to coordinate it around that. I’ll also schedule five official visits.”

Nauta is not in a rush to jump into another commitment, but because he’s an early graduate, he also realizes he must manage his time wisely. He doesn’t have a top five or a favorite, but he was able to name a few schools that will be in the picture moving forward.

“Georgia is going to be in there, TCU is going to be in there, Michigan, Alabama has been hitting me up pretty hard, USC too. There are a lot of schools I want to look into. I don’t have a solid list or anything right now.”

Where do the ‘Noles stand after all of this? Will they still be in the mix?

“I wouldn’t say FSU is out. But obviously after making a decision like this FSU isn’t at the top of my list. I definitely wouldn’t say they’re out. I’ll definitely consider taking a visit back there this fall.”

Nauta’s most recent visit was to Athens, two weeks ago, for Georgia’s annual Dawg Night event.

“The trip was to meet coach (Brian) Schottenheimer and spend time with coach (Mark) Richt and his staff. Other than that, it wasn’t anything I haven’t seen before. I’ve been there since my with grade year. There was a crazy amount of kids, I was just hanging out with some old friends and stuff.”

One of those friends that Nauta was spending time with at Dawg Night was Georgia quarterback commit Jacob Eason. The nation’s No.1 quarterback is hoping he can convince the No.1 tight end to join him at UGA.

“I got a text from Jacob today. He was excited and I know he wants me to come to UGA, but I didn’t talk to him or really anybody today.”

When it comes to a decision, Nauta has a couple important factors. Proximity to family is at the top of the list.

“I’d kind of like to play somewhere I have family around. I have close relatives in Texas, close to TCU and Baylor. I have family in Michigan, that’s where a bulk of my family lives. Then obviously I have my immediate family here in Georgia,” he added. “Any place where my family is, those schools stick out to me right now. I also want to play for a winning program, somewhere with great competition, a great fanbase and a great education.”

Nauta wanted to conclude with one final message:

“I got nothing but love for Florida State. There’s a bunch of great guys on that staff and I have nothing bad to say at all. I thank them for recruiting me and continue to recruit me.”

Nauta is a five-star prospect, the No.1 ranked tight end and the 16th best player overall, according to the 247Sports Composite Rankings.

No votes for Baylor? and who voted for Texas?

I think OSU will be the surprise team in the Big 12 this season.

1. TCU
2. Baylor
3. OSU
4. Oklahoma

Five-star tight end Isaac Nauta made one of the toughest decisions he’s had to make when he decided to back off his commitment to Florida State earlier today.

Nauta, the nation’s top ranked tight end, says his decision was not easy and he put a lot of thought behind it.

“I’ve been talking and soul searching with my family for about the last three weeks,” Nauta told Noles247. “I’ve kind of had a gut feeling in my heart. I want to know what school is the best fit for me and feel like I need to step away from everything.

“There’s nothing that FSU did at all. Ever since I’ve been at IMG and away from home, I kind of miss being close to home. I’m not afraid to go away from home, but I’m kind of just a homebody. I wanted to step away from things and make sure I’m making the best decision for me. That’s why I did it.

“I have nothing bad at all to say about Florida State, I just want to make sure this is the right decision. It’s a tough decision to make at 18 years of age and I want to make sure it’s the right one.”

Nauta announced his decommitment in a prepared statement on Twitter. He informed the FSU staff of his decision before he posted it to social media.

“I called coach (Tim) Brewster. He told me it broke his heart, but he was real supportive of what I was doing. He’s played and he’s been throughout, so he knew where I was coming from,” Nauta also called Jimbo Fisher. “But he was doing the thing on ESPN today. I’m going to make sure I get in contact with him pretty soon.”

Chaos ensued shortly after his message was posted to Twitter.

“My phone went from one hundred percent to zero in about thirty minutes,” he added. “There were a ton of coaches hitting me up on twitter and stuff. I haven’t really said anything or done anything. I’m just trying to let things settle and cope with the decision that I’ve made.”

With the season fast approaching, Nauta says he’s done with summer visits and going to take a few days to re-group.

“From this point, I’m going to gather my thoughts and focus on my high school season that’s coming up. I’ll definitely try to take some unofficial visits in the fall, but our (high school) schedule is busy, so I’ll have to coordinate it around that. I’ll also schedule five official visits.”

Nauta is not in a rush to jump into another commitment, but because he’s an early graduate, he also realizes he must manage his time wisely. He doesn’t have a top five or a favorite, but he was able to name a few schools that will be in the picture moving forward.

“Georgia is going to be in there, TCU is going to be in there, Michigan, Alabama has been hitting me up pretty hard, USC too. There are a lot of schools I want to look into. I don’t have a solid list or anything right now.”

Where do the ‘Noles stand after all of this? Will they still be in the mix?

“I wouldn’t say FSU is out. But obviously after making a decision like this FSU isn’t at the top of my list. I definitely wouldn’t say they’re out. I’ll definitely consider taking a visit back there this fall.”

Nauta’s most recent visit was to Athens, two weeks ago, for Georgia’s annual Dawg Night event.

“The trip was to meet coach (Brian) Schottenheimer and spend time with coach (Mark) Richt and his staff. Other than that, it wasn’t anything I haven’t seen before. I’ve been there since my with grade year. There was a crazy amount of kids, I was just hanging out with some old friends and stuff.”

One of those friends that Nauta was spending time with at Dawg Night was Georgia quarterback commit Jacob Eason. The nation’s No.1 quarterback is hoping he can convince the No.1 tight end to join him at UGA.

“I got a text from Jacob today. He was excited and I know he wants me to come to UGA, but I didn’t talk to him or really anybody today.”

When it comes to a decision, Nauta has a couple important factors. Proximity to family is at the top of the list.

“I’d kind of like to play somewhere I have family around. I have close relatives in Texas, close to TCU and Baylor. I have family in Michigan, that’s where a bulk of my family lives. Then obviously I have my immediate family here in Georgia,” he added. “Any place where my family is, those schools stick out to me right now. I also want to play for a winning program, somewhere with great competition, a great fanbase and a great education.”

Nauta wanted to conclude with one final message:

“I got nothing but love for Florida State. There’s a bunch of great guys on that staff and I have nothing bad to say at all. I thank them for recruiting me and continue to recruit me.”

Nauta is a five-star prospect, the No.1 ranked tight end and the 16th best player overall, according to the 247Sports Composite Rankings.

View media item 1649767

Back
Top Bottom