• Poll closed .
rick-ross-head-shake-o.gif

14 Ints
12 Fumbles
27 Sacks

QBR of 61

yeah Jimbo was desperate for anything after Maguire lit up the spring game

I guess he in the "hey what do we have to lose?" mood

I'm sure he's of the thought of getting EG to play like he did in the 1st half of the season should he start this year

EG cant play in a pro style offense like JImbo's

Jimbo already was on the radio here talking about how he is not changing the offense this year even if EG wins the starting job

he went in to hint why would I change a offense for one year when I have guys in place to be here multiple years

sounds like he setting up for the Malik and Francois battle

He doesn't have to change the offense to fit Golson's skillset. Brian Kelly's offense is "spread" in nature but it has NFL passing concepts and rules/readds in it a la the FSU offense.

EG just didn't line up under center a lot and its not like FSU runs the Brett Belima offense where they are under center 80% of the time. He can put him in the 2012 abbreviated version of the offense and EG could have success provided he doesn't fumble and provided he wins the job.

He wouldn't have brought him in (and EG wouldn't have done well on the visit/ football IQ vetting out they did while on the visit) if he didn't think that he could fit and at least provided experienced depth.

idk Dre I feel he was desperate because Maguire showed no hope and he doesnt want the season to tank with the skill players he does have

I feel it was act outta "Well anything thing is better then what we already have here let me see if I can work with this and use him as a game manager"

if he can manage to not turn the ball over and make the right decisions the solid players around him will carry the team to a legit season with that schedule they have

The biggest problem is that the team is (was) 1 play away from starting JJ/DJ/DF who are not ready and this EG **** has been out there as a possibility for a while

Maguire def sucked balls in the spring game but everything up to that was the total opposite and he was doing very well.

At the end of the day, if you have the chance to land EG (in your current position) you might as well do it. Worst case scenario he's quality depth. Best case scenario he balls out. Nothing really to lose.

If just wanted a game manager then he just would have stuck it out w/ Maguire

Last edited:
He doesn't have to change the offense to fit Golson's skillset. Brian Kelly's offense is "spread" in nature but it has NFL passing concepts and rules/readds in it a la the FSU offense.

EG just didn't line up under center a lot and its not like FSU runs the Brett Belima offense where they are under center 80% of the time. He can put him in the 2012 abbreviated version of the offense and EG could have success provided he doesn't fumble and provided he wins the job.

He wouldn't have brought him in (and EG wouldn't have done well on the visit/ football IQ vetting out they did while on the visit) if he didn't think that he could fit and at least provided experienced depth.

Not like EJ Manuel was a traditional "pro style" QB :lol:

I'd make a Xavier Lee joke but I forget what offense Jimbo ran that year.

Last edited:
Keith Ford leaving OU for A&M

And Ed Oliver committed to Houston

Last edited:
 GigEm247 has learned that former five-star Army All-American wide receiver Derrick Griffin may be eligible to immediately transfer out of Texas Southern and is cleared by the NCAA to enroll and participate in athletics at the school of his choosing.

According to a source close to Griffin, he never signed a letter of intent at Texas Southern University and enrolled at the Houston college as a normal student, even filing for his own government financial aid.

Because he was never on scholarship or officially a part of the TSU football program his eligibility clock has not started and can transfer and play immediately without penalization. He would have all fours years available to him as well.
http://tamu.247sports.com/Board/20/...ck-Griffin-end-up-an-Aggie-37425355#M37425436

Back
Top Bottom