• Scooby Wright

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adoree' Jackson

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
At least Charlie cleaned up the program and they aren't a gadget program. They've got that going for them.

I like strong a lot and think he's one of the better coaches in football, but it's funny to me how Pasche and Griese are praising pretty much the entire staff of Texas and rarely mention Bielema at all. I also think he's a great football coach and Arkansas' turn around was imminent the moment he became the coach. 

I like strong a lot and think he's one of the better coaches in football, but it's funny to me how Pasche and Griese are praising pretty much the entire staff of Texas and rarely mention Bielema at all. I also think he's a great football coach and Arkansas' turn around was imminent the moment he became the coach. 

The slurping of Strong during the game was hilarious.

Texas needs a QB more than ever and it's probably gonna be even tougher to land the good ones in the state now, having to compete against Briles and Sumlin. Then you add in Kingsbury and now Chad Morris for the leftovers. And TCU's offensive coordinators + Boykin's development will be appealing to a recruit too

The problem with recruiting ranking services it's about follow the leader. Very few of those guys want to jump out and be the total opposite of what others are saying. Swoopes was bad at camps. Like very bad. He struggles throwing all year as a senior. He was just an athlete thriving . They ranked him stupid high early and stuck with it bc it was status quo.

Guy should have been a two star QB prospect and maybe a 4 star athlete due to size /athletic ability.

How the hell was Swoopes a highly regarded recruit?
Bobby Burton and Geoff Ketchum somehow convinced everyone he was the next Vince Young based on size alone. I think he had a pretty significant fall down the rankings after a relatively poor season against 2A competition his senior year.

On a side note, I believe he was either all-district or all-area as a punter.

I don't really understand why Jerrod Heard never got much of a shot this year. He might not be ready, but there's no way he would have been any worse than Swoopes.

I wonder how Charlie Strong rubbed Texas High School Coaches the wrong way
Supposedly had something to do with the way he treated existing commits/offerees when he started. I agree with pulling outstanding offers and re-evaluating existing commitments, but I don't think the coaches liked the way he went about doing that.

Last edited:
Kahlil McKenzie is a ******* beast 
sick.gif

@ESPNStatsInfo: Texas: 59 yards on 43 offensive plays; fewest yards by any FBS team in a game this season

:wink:

I wonder how Charlie Strong rubbed Texas High School Coaches the wrong way

Because Texas HS coaches like their butts kissed & to be glad handed the same way Mack did it. So of course Charlie did it a differnt way & it wasn't received well.

In a side note JT Barrett would've killed to go to UT but Bryan Harsin wanted Swoopes. That went over well.

Because Texas HS coaches like their butts kissed & to be glad handed the same way Mack did it. So of course Charlie did it a differnt way & it wasn't received well.

In a side note JT Barrett would've killed to go to UT but Bryan Harsin wanted Swoopes. That went over well.

Add him to the list with rg3 and manziel lol

Add him to the list with rg3 and manziel lol
And Jameis...

And Luck...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom