• Scooby Wright

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adoree' Jackson

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Word is that Kylie Fitts is hoping to transfer to Fresno State, Montana State or another program. He was a year away from becoming a starter on a monster UCLA defense and he decided he needed to leave.

From what I've gathered he seriously desired getting away from his parents.
or jim mora...

Al Golden did a good job sending Brandon Powell to UF. He's going to be very good in due time.

Had nothing to do with Al Golden. More to do with TRob contacting him during the dead period with a scholarship offer to his dream school after Dalvin Cook broke y'all heart.

Last edited:
Had nothing to do with Al Golden. More to do with TRob contacting him during the dead period with a scholarship offer to his dream school after Dalvin Cook broke y'all heart.
Who is Dalvin Cook ? Didn't Golden or the admissions hold up Powell from early enrolling at um ?

Does everybody have their national champion? I want to post them on the first page so we all can look dumb at the end of season.

Yea, admissions was a little slow and it allowed BP to listen to TRob. Kid was easily qualifying and it had nothing to do with Golden.

View media item 1121864
View media item 1121866
GO VOLS. I bleed big orange and this will be my first season as an alum. Miss Rocky Top like hell but win or lose my love for the Vols is unwavering #V4L

View media item 1121867
View media item 1121871
GO BLUE! My first of two seasons here in AA and I'm down for the cause baby!!

Bold Prediction 1: Vols will play Sooners close and then beat Gaytors and UGAy

Bold Prediction 2: Umich comes into East Lansing Undefeated (don't think they win) but they go to columbus and win

BuiGFSZCAAAQmI4.jpg

Under The Lights jersey against PSU

Holy moly a new thread.

2014 :smile:. A new beginning. Those Michigan jerseys are garbage. Example of why you don't mess with a classic.

Kylie Fitts transferring. :lol:. That is why you don't make one of the biggest decisions of your life while on an emotional roller coaster. His parents screwed him. Can't blame Mora for using the parents to get him initially.

The University of Maryland and the Atlantic Coast Conference ended their legal dispute Friday with an agreement under which the school will pay $31.3 million of the original $52 million exit fee the conference was demanding.

The settlement figure is the amount that the ACC already collected by withholding shared conference revenues as a sort of down payment on the larger fee.

That means that each side now can walk away. Maryland formally entered the Big Ten Conference last month.
http://www.baltimoresun.com/business/bs-bz-maryland-acc-settlement-20140808,0,7413737.story

[h1]  [/h1]
[h1]Judge rules against NCAA[/h1]
In a landmark decision, a federal judge ruled Friday that the NCAA is in violation of the nation's antitrust laws by restricting the compensation that major college football and men's basketball athletes can receive for use of their names, images and likeness.

U.S. District Court Judge Claudia Wilken, in a 99-page decision that followed a contentious three-week trial in June, wrote, "The Court finds that the challenged NCAA rules unreasonably restrain trade in the market for certain educational and athletic opportunities offered by NCAA Division I schools."

Wilken rejected the NCAA's arguments in defense of its economic model, saying the "justifications that the NCAA offers do not justify this restraint and could be achieved through less restrictive means" while preserving college sports competition.

In a partial victory for the NCAA, though, Wilken said the NCAA could set a cap on the money paid to athletes, as long as it allows at least $5,000 a year for big school football and basketball players.

In the lawsuit, Ed O'Bannon, the former UCLA men's basketball player, and 19 others challenged the NCAA's regulation of college athletics on antitrust grounds.

Wilken was not asked to rule on the fairness of a system that pays almost everyone but the athletes themselves. Instead, the case was centered on federal antitrust law and whether the prohibition against paying players promotes the game of college football and does not restrain competition in the marketplace.

The plaintiffs gave up their right to damages in a pretrial move that meant the case would be heard only by the judge and not a jury. But even without monetary damages for former players the case was a battle over hundreds of millions of dollars in television contracts that attorneys for the plaintiffs said should be shared with the athletes themselves.

In a scathing post trial brief, they argued that the NCAA basically staked its defense on a 1984 Supreme Court decision that said the fundamental rule of amateurism was at the core of the NCAA's regulation of college athletics and that the organization could have suggested other remedies to help athletes to justify its control of the college sports marketplace.

"In some places, it is as if our three-week trial did not occur," plaintiffs' lawyers wrote.

Attorneys for the NCAA, though, said moving away from the concept of amateurism would drive spectators away from college sports and would upset the competitive balance among schools and conferences. They said some of the relief sought by the plaintiffs would allow for third parties to play players and that universities would lose control of their programs.

Several players testified during the trial that they viewed playing sports as their main occupation in college, saying the many hours they had to devote to the sport made it difficult -- if not impossible -- to function like regular students.

O'Bannon portrayed himself as a dedicated athlete who would stay after games to work on his shot if needed, but not much of a student. He said his job at UCLA was to play basketball and took up so much time that just making it to class was difficult.

"I was an athlete masquerading as a student," said O'Bannon, star of the 1995 UCLA team that won the national title. "I was there strictly to play basketball. I did basically the minimum to make sure I kept my eligibility academically so I could continue to play."

But witnesses called by the NCAA during the trial spoke of the education provided athletes as payment for their services and said the college model has functioned well for more than a century. They contended that paying players would make college sports less popular and could force schools to cut other programs funded by the hundreds of millions of dollars taken in by big time athletics.

The head of the Big Ten painted a dire picture of what college sports would look like in his testimony, saying his conference would likely cease to exist and the Rose Bowl would probably not be played.

Jim Delany said the idea of paying players goes against the entire college experience and he couldn't see league members agreeing to it. If some did, he said, they likely would be kicked out of the conference because the move would create an imbalance among schools that could not be resolved.

"There wouldn't be a Rose Bowl if either they or we were operating in a very different wavelength in terms of paying players," Delany said

Information from Tom Farrey of "Outside The Lines" and The Associated Press was used in this report.

@InsideUSC: Adoree Jackson played receiver, cornerback, returned kickoffs and took a handoff in practice today #USC

@InsideUSC: Adoree Jackson played receiver, cornerback, returned kickoffs and took a handoff in practice today #USC
and they're thinking about using Juju the exact same way but at safety as his second position.

smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom