2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jalen Rose was talking about this last night.  And I know most of NT hates the dude, but he made a good point about the 73.  Why is a 73-9 season invalidated if GSW doesnt win the title?  It is an unbelievable regular season accomplishment.  The regular season matters.  As Jalen put it, many players have built their entire legacy on regular season accomplishments.   

I still think that the Warriors win it all again, but just curious why everyone seems so adamant that the only thing that makes this 73 win season a great accomplishment is if it is capped off with a title.

Let me answer you question with another question - do you think the Warriors themselves will be satisfied with what they've done this season if they don't win the title? Really don't see them saying, "well, we got bounced in the playoffs and didn't win it all, but its cool because we had the best regular season ever." 73 wins is a great accomplishment in its own right, but unless it is followed by ring, people will always think about how the best regular season team ever didn't manage to get it done in the playoffs.

Jalen Rose was talking about this last night.  And I know most of NT hates the dude, but he made a good point about the 73.  Why is a 73-9 season invalidated if GSW doesnt win the title?  It is an unbelievable regular season accomplishment.  The regular season matters.  As Jalen put it, many players have built their entire legacy on regular season accomplishments.   

I still think that the Warriors win it all again, but just curious why everyone seems so adamant that the only thing that makes this 73 win season a great accomplishment is if it is capped off with a title.
because it is, i love jalen but hes is wrong af on this one. postseason >regular season. not even debatable. they wont be inconsideration for the best team of all time without the chip. thats not debatable. 
Ok....but once again, I fail to see how not winning a title invalidates a 73 win season.  Not saying that the Warriors would still be considered one of the best of all time without a ship, but it certainly doesnt make 73 wins any less special.

The nba has the fairest playoff system in any major sport. It's almost impossible for the inferior team to win in a seven game series. If the Warriors get beat in the post season, then they weren't the best team in the league this year. Sure, they still won 73, which is a good feat. However, if you don't win the championship, you're not the best for that season.

73 wins will mean everything wether they win the title or not. It shows that the Warriors never cheated themseleves, the front office, the regular season and paying customer wether road or home.

One thing I admired about the Bulls and most of the franchises in the 80's and 90's is that the took a road game in Utah and Indidna just as serious as they would take a game in Inglewood/Los Angeles and NYC.

Damn shame T'Wolves Owner Glen Taylor is blowing up the front office. It was Flip Saunders' blueprint to bring Milt Newton and Sam Mitchell back. Maybe KG follows soon after.

Last edited:
Folks are underestimating taking 50 shots. There's a reason it's rarely happened. Outside of curry and a few others, it's quite a challenge

The 50 shots in his 20th season is more impressive than the 60 points.

In fact, far more. 
people dont understand how hard it is to just put up shots in a competitive basketball game

it's not just something you can do if you feel like it and when you do your fg% goes way down

there's a huge difference between shots you take because that's what the defense gives you and trying to get buckets regardless of what the defense looks like 

Ok....but once again, I fail to see how not winning a title invalidates a 73 win season.  Not saying that the Warriors would still be considered one of the best of all time without a ship, but it certainly doesnt make 73 wins any less special.
it does though. how you going to win 73 games , have the best record ever and not win the chip. they will be the laughing stock of the nba. im sure gs would rather have the title then 73 wins. everyone remembers the giants that beat the patriots in the superbowl more then they do how the patriots almost went perfect we remember the we believe era warriors more then the dallas mavs team that choked in the first round. regular season is really meaningless in the grand scheme of things. . thats how it works. 

Last edited:
La live was a ******* zoo last nite :wow:. You'd never know this was a 17 win team :lol:. If you weren't there I don't wanna hear none of your miserable hating. If you live in la and you watched this game at the crib what the hell is wrong with you? You failed at life.

This was a top 5 Kobe moment for his career IDC IDC IDC. There was so much pressure and expectations on this one. All the people that showed up for this one. He knew he couldn't just get buckets and not the w, that would've been hella empty. When he started to go off down the stretch....bah gawd!! We've watched him all year, we all know how washed he is so for him to come thru like that....amazing. Vintage mamba :pimp:

After the buzzer some dude next to me dapped me up and said "I've never seen nobody go out like that on their last game. That **** made me cry dawg". And then he turned his head back to the screen and was fixated. I was like uhhhh :lol:

When Kobe was giving his speech I saw another grown *** man with his hands clasped together, index fingers extended and nervously shaking in front of his mouth, eyes appeared to be welling up. My boy shouting aggressively at the whole bar to S TFU so we could hear Kobe's last words :rofl:. The bouncer letting us sneak in thru the back entrance so we could catch the last of the 4th quarter. Like it or not we'll never see anything like this, possibly ever. The guy NEVER ceases to amaze me.

View media item 1994466

I don't think I could ever go for a brisk jog again if I ruptured my achilles, and yet Goatbe goes out there and drops a 60 ball.  Unbelievable.

I don't think I could ever go for a brisk jog again if I ruptured my achilles, and yet Goatbe goes out there and drops a 60 ball.  Unbelievable.

If you got surgery and properly rehabbed the injury, you could jog again. I speak from experience.

Not to take anything away from Kobe though.

[quote name="Freeze"]
13015132_10156864180300341_7155117552313592880_n.jpg
He said in his postgame presser "They were pouring champagne on me and I was like 'Champagne is for championships.'"

Yeah, it looks like they are pouring champagne on you to me. :lol:

So fake and contrived. :lol:[/quote]

lmaoooooooooooooooooo

i know you cracked a smile when he hit 60 tho. at the very least, that furled brow loosened up, and a twinkle hit that Darth Ska eye that reminded you how you felt when you first saw kobe play (its ok if you started hating him the 2nd game :lol:). It it warmed your soul and sent you down memory lane once again of all of your favorite Laker moments and renewed your love for the purple and gold despite all of the struggle we've had these last few years. These was some magic last night. Something special was in the water. Felt like Chick was in the building once more.

Only thing that would've made the night better for me as a fan...If I could've watched it on the Laker network and been able to hear my guys Bill McDonald and Stu Lantz call Kobe's last game. That would've made it perfect for me. When dude checked out, I teared up though. Not ashamed at all. I'm sad to see my dude go.

miami shoots 43% in a L

memphis shoots 43% in a L

kobe shoots 44% in a W 
pimp.gif

kobe shoots too much doe 

hate to see that this is where basketball is heading, "his true shooting % is low and he didnt have a good OMAF so I'm not impressed" "let me bring up a bunch of hypotheticals because I cant think of an actual example of a player I dont hate doing what he did"

If you got surgery and properly rehabbed the injury, you could jog again. I speak from experience.

Not to take anything away from Kobe though.

True indeed..modern medicine is amazing. You could surely run and play rigorous sports again if you put in the work.

As for Kobe...what can you say...I've hated this man as a player ever since he made it clear he wouldn't play for my hometown Hornets. But I gotta respect the man's ability and his will to win, and last night :wow: If you gonna go out, go out with no bullets in your gun and no F*cks given; and that's what he did. Salute to the mamba.

"let me bring up a bunch of hypotheticals because I cant think of an actual example of a player I dont hate doing what he did"
fwiw I've seen hypotheticals brought up to talk down Kobe's 50 FGA last night 

"if he didn't start off so cold" "if you factor in his strong finish and take the standard deviation" 

those hypotheticals kinda caught me off guard tbh, since we are all so used to seeing those types of arguments used against Kobe 
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom