2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke

Status
Not open for further replies.
 George Karl is in trouble.

Even those closest to him are willing to admit that much.

The Sacramento Kings coach who came to town nine months ago, who was given a $15 million contract ($11.5 million guaranteed) that doesn’t expire until the summer of 2018, and whose sterling record of success has been tainted by way of the 12-26 record ever since, isn’t seen internally as their coach for the long-haul anymore. Barring a shocking turnaround – and by that, we’re talking a 40-plus win season that seems unlikely – that much has become increasingly clear.

If the Kings’ 1-7 record that prompted a team meeting on Tuesday gets even worse, his dismissal could come this week. Wednesday, the Kings – as irony would have it – face the same Detroit Pistons team that beat them last Dec. 13 and inspired the firing of coach Michael Malone. Or, should the early-season bleeding subside enough to calm the waters, Karl's firing could come in the summer.

But Karl, whose hiring had as much to do with the Kings’ business situation as it did basketball, is going to be just fine no matter what happens. It’s the Kings and their fanbase who have every reason to be worried.

As organization building goes, Vivek Ranadive’s run has been as rough as they come. Since leading the ownership group which bought the team for a league record $535 million and kept it from being relocated to Seattle in May of 2013, he has already had three head coaching changes (Keith Smart to Michael Malone to Tyrone Corbin to Karl) and two front-office makeovers (longtime general manager Geoff Petrie was let go, former general manager Pete D’Alessandro left amid much tension for the Denver Nuggets after Vlade Divac was brought in take on his role).

According to a person with knowledge of the situation, the level of frustration with Ranadive among some Kings minority owners is at an all-time high. Specifically, his track record of making significant decisions without truly consulting them is a source of significant irritation. The person spoke to USA TODAY Sports on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the situation.

It’s been nearly a decade since the Kings last made the playoffs, and seven seasons since they even won 30-plus games. Ranadive has only been responsible since 2013 but that combined regular season record of 58-114 since he took over is far worse than anyone could have imagined when he helped save the city’s only professional sports team.

This mess, make no mistake, is a whole lot bigger than George Karl.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...ivac/75597106/

so it's been reported that gerald green was on drugs/bath salts?

Last edited:
@xOrtiz4x: Sources: DeMarcus Cousins has voiced his frustrations with management and has given an ultimatum. Trade him or fire George Karl.

how reliable is this guy?

Kings fans right now....

CTjzXzRUAAE3b1a.jpg

@xOrtiz4x: Sources: DeMarcus Cousins has voiced his frustrations with management and has given an ultimatum. Trade him or fire George Karl.

how reliable is this guy?
Thats from the summer. Right before the draft when all the Laker rumors and etc were going around

Good luck finding a team next year Gerald Green.

Gerald green
Or
Dion Waiters
Or
Lance Stephenson

Honestly, Lance has played well for the Clippers so far. I wish Doc would give him more time. I think he currently has the highest +/- of anyone on the team, for whatever that's worth.

damn...all this kings breaking news like anybody gaf. I'm seeing paragraphs of kings 'news'. lol wut

Randy Wittman calls his own Wiz too soft 
laugh.gif

''We don't defend. Guys drive by us at will. We don't have any toughness. We don't hit anybody and rebound the ball. We've got guys that play 27 minutes and get one defensive rebound,'' an animated Wittman, a former NBA player, said at his postgame news conference. ''I can get a rebound, I guarantee you. If you give me 27 minutes on a Saturday, I'll get you a rebound. And that's what it boils down to - 50-50 balls; the dirty stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom