2014 XXL Freshmen cover

Doubt they were putting groups in this, they never have lol. If they did then Migos woulda been the only ones since they were everywhere this n last year. Underachievers are cool but boring and Flatbush Zombies are cool but Zombie Juice holding them back cause Meechie Darko is ridiculous by himself. Wish he'd just go solo already
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif

rhq the only rapper on there i still see relevant in 5 yrs because of his hook game

:rofl:

No flatbush zombies???

I'm saying

Doubt they were putting groups in this, they never have lol. If they did then Migos woulda been the only ones since they were everywhere this n last year. Underachievers are cool but boring and Flatbush Zombies are cool but Zombie Juice holding them back cause Meechie Darko is ridiculous by himself. Wish he'd just go solo already

Truth! Meechie Darko is a PROBLEM and I feel like nobody knows it. Def needs to go solo.

Flatbush came out like 2011-2012 they shouldve been on the 2013 one if anything they probably will decline any offers for future freshman lists

He's from my home state and I literally never heard of him before today. Like, at all.

:lol:

^His mixtapes over Kanye and Biggie beats were pretty nice. He'll never ever put out an official album as long as he's on Aftermath with bigger more high priority artists. Look at Stat Quo, took him like 7 years to finally release a real album.

Yep, Aftermath's artist to album completion rate is terrible.

Jon is getting buzz because of Kendrick, but he's a boring nondescript rapper.

We should attempt to make a NT consensus freshman list.
I think the list title itself is misleading. To call some one a freshman means they are new in the game...which a lot of these people aren't. It should be called "who's got next" or something.

:rofl:
I'm saying
Truth! Meechie Darko is a PROBLEM and I feel like nobody knows it. Def needs to go solo.

There is literally no way he does not go Solo. Eric the Architect Is Dope too, but I listen for Meech more so cuz his lyrics and delivery is ON Point with that style!

Nobody can ultimately tell the future for some of these guys, but Chance has literally already Semi Made it .. He's selling out shows his fan base is growing , got a song with the Beibs. :smokin

We should attempt to make a NT consensus freshman list.
I think the list title itself is misleading. To call some one a freshman means they are new in the game...which a lot of these people aren't. It should be called "who's got next" or something.
I disagree, just because you had a buzz locally doesnt mean you been in the rap game, xxl is calling these dudes freshmans to the national stage, basically like getting drafted to the league, it should be called rookie class instead honestly

but freshman to the national stage is kind of subjective is it not?

Everyone i know that listens to rap knows who Chance is at this point. Acid Rap was mixtape of the year last year for a lot of sites and it came out in april of 2013. Kevin Gates has been rapping since 2007 and is well known by a lot of people for his feature oh pusha T's wrath of cain mixtape not to mention over 300k mixtape downloads. What is known to some isn't known to others so i just find the name a little misleading. But i get what you are saying

Quan gone be a star cause dude can make some catchy **** and he make that ride around and stunt to music.

I'm rooting for Troy Ave too, he be having some fire mixtapes, BIMB3 being my favorite thus far, plus he from the hometown

Last edited:
bibby and lil herb are the best rappers out right now.

IM TIRED OF HEARING MIGOS THIS YUNG THUG THAT. THEY ******* SUCK

they only get played because of their beats. they are garbage when it comes to lyrics. migos talk about the same thing in every song, they just change it slightly.

they suck.

durk sucks. auto tune shawdy. straight garbage. I want to cut off the dj's hands whenever they play this iant what you want, like it goes in or something. straight caca.

lil herb and lil bibby kill chit> any song these artist on this list have ever made.

Chance :pimp:

Vic Mensa :pimp:

Isaiah Rashaad :pimp:

Ty Dolla :pimp:

:lol: at OP worried about these dudes looks...

thought this was about music ??

Sort of surprised SpaceGhostPurp isn't on here, but he has done some damage to his own career by swiftly beefing with his own [former] labelmates, so maybe u shouldn't be surprised at all.

I
Sort of surprised SpaceGhostPurp isn't on here, but he has done some damage to his own career by swiftly beefing with his own [former] labelmates, so maybe u shouldn't be surprised at all.
ts a shame ain't it? Dude is real talented but he should be straight

He got signed to some label

Don't remember the name though

all those guys are trash

i should have made the cover smh

Last edited:

I
ts a shame ain't it? Dude is real talented but he should be straight

He got signed to some label

Don't remember the name though

:smh: I'll never forget the first time I heard Keep It G.

Dude could've took over. It sickens me every time I think about it to be honest :x

Yep dude always beefing with his own people. First ASAP then his own crew...I'm still a fan but that last tape was trash.

"this ***** wanna check my phone/but damn I lost my phone..."

:stoneface:

Back
Top Bottom