2014 XXL Freshmen cover

Future migos and iggy azalaea ROBBED
Future been in the game longer than 2014 bruh 
laugh.gif

The hell is this guy talking about? :lol:

I can't speak on who was poppin' in the A first but iv'e heard Rich Homie Quan say he was poppin' before he got locked up and before Future was poppin'....And the Goodie Mob thing is about Future having ties to the Dungeon Family. Before he was rockin' with Rocko he was in the Dungeon.

Last edited:
Know the right jewish guy and you too can become a rapper. Then these ****** have the nerve to be cocky. Huff *** music. Huff *** swag. But its whatever

I know chance the rapper and vic mensa are making moves put their music is *** to me. Like seriously. I just dont get the appeal. They definetly not making any noise in my hood but I see these ****** all over the internet. Chance is a good performer tho

QFT, especially on the Chance comment.

Honestly who cares about these freshman covers anymore?

They lost legitimacy a while ago.

Maybe I'm just a music nerd but I know everyone of these guys besides Jarren Benton.

This.

It's the same complaints every year with this list

"I don't know any of these rappers, why is xyz on the cover, why isn't xyz on the cover". Ya'll should know by now that certain artists get "pushed" to be on the cover.

I haven't read a copy of xxl in years.

I mean Hell, they're putting R&B singers on the cover now :lol:

Both of these, co-signed.

I was just watchin that breakfast club interview w/ the xxl editors, Envy asked if Sage wasn't hip-hop enought & they blonde chick said that he was a one hit wonder basically bs, HBK been on fire since '11, and charlamange asked about trinidad james being on last years cover, & she said "All Gold Everything" was a hit song ATM, Gas Pedal is way bigger! Joint been out since '12, & still gets played F XXL!

That is absolutely ridiculous. I don't even think "All Gold Everything" went platinum. Sage has a platinum record already.

+

Here's my take on this years Freshman class.

Why are Ty Dolla and August on here? Yes, they are blazing the music scene right now but they don't rap. Ty can't even sing, he has melodies. No different from Drizzy. August at least can hit different ranges and high notes.

I know every single Freshman on here except for Jarren Benton. Just checked out a couple tracks of his and he's painfully average. He can rap a tiny bit but he was chosen over Rapsody? That's how you know this selection is rigged. Rapsody can out rap anyone on this cover with out even trying.

Yo, I lost it when I read @12Million say "August Alsina, Voldo looking --- -----...." :rofl: :rofl: :wow: :rofl: :rofl:

All in all if I could give this list a 1-10 rating, is give it a 4/10. Having two singers on it killed it for me.

Potential superstars in the game :Isaiah Rashad, Ty $, August, And that's really it. I like Kevin Gates but I dunno how the public will receive his music.

Get Lil' Bibby off the list. He's trash.

All the dudes picking these artists are white//Jewish label characters.   This list should always be taken with a grain of salt being that it's who they're picking for us. 

We don't know who these guys are because they're the newest dudes whose projects are going to get pushed.

Last edited:
Chance a star.  I mess with Vic too.  From what I've heard so far, those the only two with any real shot at stardom.  Chance without a doubt though. 

Chance a star.  I mess with Vic too.  From what I've heard so far, those the only two with any real shot at stardom.  Chance without a doubt though. 

I really hope not cause Chance is overrated af. Vic is much better than him and isnt as annoyingly animated as Chance. Outta everyone on here I really hope Isaiah Rashad blows up cuz besides him & Vic everyone else sucks

^His mixtapes over Kanye and Biggie beats were pretty nice. He'll never ever put out an official album as long as he's on Aftermath with bigger more high priority artists. Look at Stat Quo, took him like 7 years to finally release a real album.

Flatbush zombies should def be on there. I feel like The Underachievers could've easily made it.

Chance and Isaiah Rashad are the only ones I like. Isaiah's tape came out like 5 months ago and chance's over a year so Idk why anyone take these lists so seriously. It's always late on everyone.

Doubt they were putting groups in this, they never have lol. If they did then Migos woulda been the only ones since they were everywhere this n last year. Underachievers are cool but boring and Flatbush Zombies are cool but Zombie Juice holding them back cause Meechie Darko is ridiculous by himself. Wish he'd just go solo already

Last edited:
August is not a rapper nor makes rap music :lol:

I disagree and this coming from a August fan. He has songs where he's literally rapping. I mean "I Luv This Shi*" has no signs of r&b at all. "SHoot or Die"? Come on......He's a singer. I'll give him that lane. But there's nothing soulful about him and he's not out of place sitting next to Rich Homie Quan IMO. He makes hood music.....

Doubt they were putting groups in this, they never have lol. If they did then Migos woulda been the only ones since they were everywhere this n last year. Underachievers are cool but boring and Flatbush Zombies are cool but Zombie Juice holding them back cause Meechie Darko is ridiculous by himself. Wish he'd just go solo already

I just assumed they never put groups on there because there wern't any groups worthy of being on the cover. Migo's should've been on there group or not. They made exceptions for R&B artists.....

I just assumed they never put groups on there because there wern't any groups worthy of being on the cover. Migo's should've been on there group or not. They made exceptions for R&B artists.....

Na when they FIRST started this list they had a seperate but small article/list for groups and thats how I heard pf Pac Div & U-N-I (that should show how old that list was lol) Idk if they do that anymore, I doubt it but it would be a good idea to

Na when they FIRST started this list they had a seperate but small article/list for groups and thats how I heard pf Pac Div & U-N-I (that should show how old that list was lol) Idk if they do that anymore, I doubt it but it would be a good idea to
Pac Div
pimp.gif

My favorite song of theirs:

Back
Top Bottom