2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
joe johnson literally had on 4 above average seasons, all the other ones were trash

I don't want to get too hyped up but Jonas Valanciunas might make the leap, his post up game and footwork are so good now, looks like a double team threat now.

Basically he's been unstoppable against these lower tier countries.
I haven't checked for him in a while, can he defend at all yet? I feel like he could've done it last year but I don't think he will get enough PT until he's at least. Competent on that end

What ifs don't mean anything. We could imagine that **** all day but it's not about to happen. So many poor arguments.

I'm still waiting for the explanation for what rings or 1 final appearance have to do with being the best offensive player ever.

Go back a page I explained your bait just for you
My what? How is it bait? It's not my fault you're argument is poor. I don't even believe KD is the best offensive player ever but your argument for why he's not doesn't make much sense. Rings and final appearances do not have anything to do with it. We're talking about an individual title not a team accomplishment.

This same argument was had a couple hundred pgs ago and there were much better arguments than what you're giving.

I went back a pg and still don't see you addressing my question.

Last edited:
I haven't checked for him in a while, can he defend at all yet? I feel like he could've done it last year but I don't think he will get enough PT until he's at least. Competent on that end

he was a good reim protector las year, he struggled a bit in pick and roll.

last year he was clearly getting use to the amount of extra bulk he put on looks much quicker, much more mobile like when he was skinny.

The greatest offensive player ever to play the game and u can't find a way to score when your shots not on? Nah

The greatest is going to find a way to get his team to the finals atleast... If you can't score on offense in a game 7 and your sitting on the 3 pt line watching your pg try and make something happen.. And you and him.are taking turns spectating eachother on offense
Something is very very wrong..greatest will find a way to put his offense in sync when it's needed to get them to the next level..**** stats
it's not the rings, he has only 1 finals appearance.. The greatest ever and a top 3 pg should get you there..
Hell get to that level and he's on his way.. One day soon hell be in discussions for it..I just don't agree that he already is...there's others that put up great numbers and along with that have actual finals Mvps and multiple rings one 3peated twice Kobe 3 peated once wilt got 12 rings..so why is he in the discussion with stats.and scoring titles and 0 rings?

he was a good reim protector las year, he struggled a bit in pick and roll.

last year he was clearly getting use to the amount of extra bulk he put on looks much quicker, much more mobile like when he was skinny.

Ok last time I remember watching him his feet looked really slow when he tried to defend the pick and roll and sliding around on help D but that could've been him just being young and not totally understanding what to do and when. If you say he was a good rim protector it sounds like he at least understands rotations a bit better so that's a good sign

There was a 2-3 year stretch where TMac was the best pure scorer or runner up to Bean. McGrady in Orlando before he got hurt was just as good as KD at scoring the rock. Maybe even a little better.

The greatest offensive player ever to play the game and u can't find a way to score when your shots not on? Nah

The greatest is going to find a way to get his team to the finals atleast... If you can't score on offense in a game 7 and your sitting on the 3 pt line watching your pg try and make something happen.. And you and him.are taking turns spectating eachother on offense
Something is very very wrong..greatest will find a way to put his offense in sync when it's needed to get them to the next level..**** stats
it's not the rings, he has only 1 finals appearance.. The greatest ever and a top 3 pg should get you there..
Hell get to that level and he's on his way.. One day soon hell be in discussions for it..I just don't agree that he already is...there's others that put up great numbers and along with that have actual finals Mvps and multiple rings one 3peated twice Kobe 3 peated once wilt got 12 rings..so why is he in the discussion with stats.and scoring titles and 0 rings?
What exactly is the definition of the best offensive player to you? Cuz the part I crossed out don't got **** to do with being the best offensive player. That's just a requirement you just made up.

Also where in this post do you explain why the # of final appearances matter? or why winning rings matter?

This seems more like your assumption that the best offensive player must've been to the finals a lot and his team must've won some championships. Wild unreasonable. You listing two guys that are in the discussion that have rings doesn't mean if KD never wins a ring or get to the finals again that he isn't in the discussion if he remains consistent. He is in the discussion right now but that's it.

Also there seems to be some parallel arguing on here. Who here has said that right now KD is the best offensive player ever? Then who has said that right now he's in the discussion? Cuz you're arguing against the former and at the same time saying he's not even in the discussion yet ignoring a whole lot that qualifies him to be in the discussion right now.

So yeah poor argument all around here.

Dikembo Mutombo ALS ice bucket challenge:

laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom